First course at Cannock chase!!!!!!!

Benz carrera
Benz carrera Posts: 146
edited October 2012 in MTB beginners
Hello just booked my first course at chase skills I'm excited now its a induction to mountain biking course has anyone done this before???????

Comments

• Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    I havn't been on a course.. But I know people who have and I also Ride with one of the Instructors from time to time..

He's a top bloke and everyone I know who has been on the course has deemed it worth it! :)
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Sweet never done nothing like this before excited now, but I'm a complete begginer jus want to get into it now, any tips or not?
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    stay low and loose... Oh, and enjoy it! ;)
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Cheers mate it's not till December but I will let u no how it goes if you want
  • stanny_uk
    stanny_uk Posts: 147
    mate i did it with their top downhill boy (harry) the other week and i'm possibly what i think to be a fairly quick rider(somtimes too quick)coming from moto x background. I was falling off a lot and my jumping was a little scetchy to say the least.. he spotted my issues in 20 mins and fixed me in two hours,,now i havent been off in ages and my jumpings much more stable,.so much so i'm cosidering a downhill bike to play on.. to summarise from complete virgin to quick but caotic rider YOU WILL LEARN STUFF. thats all you can ask for..
  • elredso
    elredso Posts: 94
    both craig and alex are excellent tutors - have done courses with both of them - cant recommend them highly enough

went on their 1 day skills course in june, really because my girflriend didnt want to do it herself. Must admit I was expecting it to be a bit under me, having riden for the past 18 years - but that said, i came out of the day feeling so much more confident with my abilities, they picked up on a load of bad habits I had too - which I have been working on over the past few months - probably the best £50 i ever spent on a bike related upgrade

my misses would also agree- her riding has come on leaps and bounds since (she would not contemplate the werewolf drop at cannock before - and now does it every time we are there with no issues)
  • Thanks I just found out its Craig thats doing the course and I'm doing the social ride after the course I need all the help I can get never done a trail over the chase so this will help me when I do I've been on the trails over chase water there good but I want to do a proper trail over the chase