Who on earth would fly Jet2??

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
From the company that managed to fly a stowaway kid to Italy now this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-20001291

We flew with them to Sardinia on my son's Make-a-Wish trip. Although it was meant to be a direct flight from Edinburgh, it stopped at Leeds to pick up passengers. On the way back, we all had to get off at Leeds, go through passport control, check back in, through security (where people had their Sardinian duty free confiscated) and back on the plane - at 1 am in the morning! (direct flight, remember). We were "lucky" to get on at all. We were issued boarding passes in Sardinia for row 27 on a plane that only has 26 rows of seats. Several passengers were double-booked into seats that were already occupied.

When I complained, it took over two months to get a response (because they answer complaints strictly in the order they were received) and, even then, it was clear they hadn't read my letter.

Will Jet2 still be around by next summer? I sincerely hope not!
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    On the plus side, they got everyone off the plane as quick as they should :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Flown with them a few times Jet 2 being the local airline. Basic but generally OK with friendly staff and so far keeping it no frills without the Ryan Air style despising of the passengers. My only duff experience lately with an airline was KLM. On that day I sincerely regretted not having flown Jet 2. Would happily use them again.

I hope they will be around next summer as they provide plenty of useful flights from Leeds - but they should be as they seem to be doing OK.

What airline doesn't foul up sometimes? And why do people assume that just because they have had a bad time that that is how it always is? I'll still fly KLM again - just because they cancelled a flight 10 minutes before it was due to depart which seemed a bit late given that the plane hadn't actually left Amsterdam so you'd think they might have known a couple of hours before that it was likely to be cancelled so that I could have got to Amsterdam by another route and thereby made my connection but instead made queue ages and eventually make me take a taxi to Manchester where I kept being told my connection might not be honoured because I'd booked the onward connection via Ebookers because it was impossible to book a separate KLM flight starting from Amsterdam because the KLM website is crap though to be fair in the end they did behave doesn't mean I won't use them again. That would be silly.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Rolf F wrote:
    Flown with them a few times Jet 2 being the local airline. Basic but generally OK with friendly staff and so far keeping it no frills without the Ryan Air style despising of the passengers. My only duff experience lately with an airline was KLM. On that day I sincerely regretted not having flown Jet 2. Would happily use them again.

I hope they will be around next summer as they provide plenty of useful flights from Leeds - but they should be as they seem to be doing OK.

What airline doesn't foul up sometimes? And why do people assume that just because they have had a bad time that that is how it always is? I'll still fly KLM again - just because they cancelled a flight 10 minutes before it was due to depart which seemed a bit late given that the plane hadn't actually left Amsterdam so you'd think they might have known a couple of hours before that it was likely to be cancelled so that I could have got to Amsterdam by another route and thereby made my connection but instead made queue ages and eventually make me take a taxi to Manchester where I kept being told my connection might not be honoured because I'd booked the onward connection via Ebookers because it was impossible to book a separate KLM flight starting from Amsterdam because the KLM website is crap though to be fair in the end they did behave doesn't mean I won't use them again. That would be silly.

I'm not happy to say that I've flown (and fly) more than most - nearly all business. Nothing has come close to beng as shambolic as our flights to and from Sardinia. And that's nothing to do with the odd issue - it was planned that we stop at Leeds and all shuffle off. And when a small airline makes the news twice, can't manage to answer a complaint in under 2 months, and messes passengers around like we were messed around, I'm afraid the writing's on the wall.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    And when a small airline makes the news twice, can't manage to answer a complaint in under 2 months, and messes passengers around like we were messed around, I'm afraid the writing's on the wall.

You are being ridiculous. Sorry. On that basis the writing is on the wall for Manchester Airport as well.....
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    Rolf F wrote:

I'm not happy to say that I've flown (and fly) more than most - nearly all business. Nothing has come close to beng as shambolic as our flights to and from Sardinia. And that's nothing to do with the odd issue - it was planned that we stop at Leeds and all shuffle off. And when a small airline makes the news twice, can't manage to answer a complaint in under 2 months, and messes passengers around like we were messed around, I'm afraid the writing's on the wall.

According to my boss, compared to Ryanair, Jet2 are like BA business class. But they are cheap, and as long as they manage to get bums on seats they'll keep going. I don't know really what the big deal is, the Captain aborted the take off due to a problem and there was a straightforward evac, if it was BA, people would be bigging up his professionalism in the face of mortal danger, because it's Jet2 they're a ramshackle organisation.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Flown Jet 2 a couple of times.

No issues
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Flown with them a lot in the past, again no issues.
    Peter
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,961
    You should upgrade to Thompson fly next time.

Bleedin Watney's Red Barrel.