Exposure Blaze

BigLights
BigLights Posts: 464
edited October 2012 in Commuting general
Does anyone have a view on this yet? I managed to lose my Exposure Flare rear light this morning (dammit), and i hadn't seen this new Flare before. On the face of it it doesn't seem much brighter (80 lumens vs 75 lumens) and it's twice the price! Apart from USB recharging.....what's the premium for?

Comments

• I hope that it is like a Flare, but without the reliability issues (spring losing contact with battery causing it to switch mode / turn off).
    Also, I hope that since the battery is permanently installed, it will be more waterproof than a Flare where water could get in particularly when the light was turned off (and the lens was unscrewed slightly).
    Anyway, I have had one on order for a few weeks now and hope to get it soon so I can try it out and see if it is worth the price.
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    Hmmm interesting - I'd love to hear your first impressions when it arrives. I'm just debating whether to replace it with a Flare, or go bling and get this new one.
  • pdw
    pdw Posts: 315
    I'd be interested to know what it does that a Moon Shield 60, for less than half the price, doesn't.