Madison

bobbydeak
bobbydeak Posts: 49
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Sent my shimano xt m785 caliper to Madison because its leaking oil. This was about 3 weeks ago still not heard anything back. Is this the norm ? Brakes are only 9 month old so should be covered, is no news good news ?

Comments

• Give them a call again and see what is going on. Or if you did it via your local shop pester them to do it for you.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    bobbydeak wrote:
    Sent my shimano xt m785 caliper to Madison because its leaking oil. This was about 3 weeks ago still not heard anything back. Is this the norm ? Brakes are only 9 month old so should be covered, is no news good news ?
    why? your warranty is not with them but the point of sale. what does the point of sale say?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I've had a few slx calipers returned to Madison (via Merlin). All got replaced with new ones - each time it took about 4 weeks.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Madison have a 14 working day turn around on any warranty repairs. Go ask the shop you returned it through to chase it up.
  • BG2000
    BG2000 Posts: 517
    On the few occasions I've had to deal with Madison direct on warranty issues, they're been excellent - so I wouldn't be worried if you've followed all returns/warranty guidelines. But you really need to let a bike shop handle the return, after all, it means you don't pay any postage.
  • Thanks for the reply chaps will just sit tight and wait a bit longer :(