OPQS to ride in orange kit for 2013...

Insideinfo
Insideinfo Posts: 107
edited October 2012 in Pro race
I've got it on good authority from my best mates, uncles, sisters hairdresser that 100%, Omega Pharma Quick Step will be riding in orange and white for 2013.
:P

Comments

• big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    :lol:

nice sportsmanship.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    After a while away from twitter, I'm pleased to return with the announcement I'll ride for @opqscyclingteam Omega Pharma-Quickstep next year

Agreed nice sportsmanship
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    That's going to clash with Rabo.
  • Also they are moving their HQ to Amsterdam!
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Also they are moving their HQ to Amsterdam!

They are! its nearer to Essex apparently :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Belgium celebrate as their principle team wears the colour of the nearest and dearest international neighbour.

Michel Wuyts was heard saying "Ooo lala, I can't help but slightly tent at the thought of Belgians cycling in bright bright Orange. We could all learn from the Netherland's inclusiveness. For them, this international gesture is merely the start of a beautiful sporting harmony......

"Who knows. Maybe we'll even learn to speak Dutch properly. One day, one day. "
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Quality couple of threads. Thanks insideinfo!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Turfle wrote:
    A bloke I know who lives in the Netherlands says Rabo are changing to purple. They've said they want to stop the Dutch obsession with orange. They say it's childish, like an eight year old girl who wants everything pink.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    Quality couple of threads. Thanks insideinfo!

Thanks!

I did hear from my 'source' that Father Christmas is joining Team Sky, but because he's previously doped on EPO mince pies, Brailsford doesn't want him.

Same for Rudolf :)
  • Does your best mates, uncles, sisters hairdresser have any news on the 2013 TdF route? I could do with booking some hotels before the rush after it gets announced officially.
  • Does your best mates, uncles, sisters hairdresser have any news on the 2013 TdF route? I could do with booking some hotels before the rush after it gets announced officially.

I can actually help you with that one, it was in last weeks Cycling News. This is meant to be pretty accurate.

http://www.velopeloton.com/2013_tour_de ... route.html

Im meant to be going as well, trying to work out where to pick it up, maybe the last week in the mountains.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    This sounds like more trolling to me. Where's your evidence?

:):) Good work!

I've booked hotels based on this http://www.velowire.com/article/657/en/ ... ties-.html

Did the same last year and the year before and not been disappointed yet.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Insideinfo wrote:
    I've got it on good authority from my best mates, uncles, sisters hairdresser that 100%, Omega Pharma Quick Step will be riding in orange and white for 2013.
    :P

Bravo! :mrgreen:
  • Fair play that man
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:
    A bloke I know who lives in the Netherlands says Rabo are changing to purple. They've said they want to stop the Dutch obsession with orange. They say it's childish, like an eight year old girl who wants everything pink.
    If you stare intently at purple long enough, the strain on you eyes will make the reciprocal complementary colour appear instead.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Turfle wrote:

Not anymore. :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Isn't your uncle's sister your auntie?
  • plb
    plb Posts: 7
    coriordan wrote:
    Or your mum.
  • plb wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    Or your mum.

Or in some parts of the Deep South, your grandmother/daughter/cousin*

*delete as appropriate
  • plb
    plb Posts: 7
    plb wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    Or your mum.

Or in some parts of the Deep South, your grandmother/daughter/cousin*

*delete as appropriate
    All of the above
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Does your best mates, uncles, sisters hairdresser have any news on the 2013 TdF route? I could do with booking some hotels before the rush after it gets announced officially.

Haven't you heard? To celebrate the 100th edition it is going to be 100 stages in length and visit 100 different countries. I thought this was common knowledge so didn't bother starting a thread about it.
  • Pross wrote:
    Does your best mates, uncles, sisters hairdresser have any news on the 2013 TdF route? I could do with booking some hotels before the rush after it gets announced officially.

Haven't you heard? To celebrate the 100th edition it is going to be 100 stages in length and visit 100 different countries. I thought this was common knowledge so didn't bother starting a thread about it.

Awesome! How many riders are going to be taking part?
  • Pross wrote:

At this rate, just Marianne Vos. Wearing an unbranded white jersey.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

100 teams but teams limited to 8 riders as they are worried about the danger of having more than that.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    just got this from shimano on my facebook.

"We are very sad to hear about Rabobank pulling out as a sponsor in professional cycling. Our thoughts are in the first place with the riders and team staff, all the rest can wait until later. A bad day for cycling!"
  • Pross wrote:
    100 teams but teams limited to 8 riders as they are worried about the danger of having more than that.

I would hate to be a domestique on the team in 100th place in the race convoy. Imagine how long it's going to take you to drop back to get a water bottle or rain cape?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    They're still going to Paris though, right?
  • Pross
    Turfle wrote:
    They're still going to Paris though, right?

Yes, a crit around the Champs finish. I forget how many laps it is though!