Rapha - Not impressed...

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
So I order a bag that costs A LOT of money, A LOT of money on monday before lunch time.

Its now thursday and I've not had a confirmation email, do they even send these? Are they too cool to send these?

So I log in to my online account and check whats going on, its awaiting shipping. Seriously? Awaiting shipping, 4 days after its been ordered!?

Thats ridiculous.

I also ordered a brake and a tyre from CRC, this has already arrived (its the wrong size brake but they also offer free returns so not an issue). And they dont claim to be a premium/exclusive brand.

Am i right to be unimpressed?

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Am i right to be unimpressed?

I think so. I won a jersey from BR on Monday. I sent them my address and the following day I had it - in Inverness - usually two shipping days away.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i read this as "oh look at me, i buy Rapha....don't you know"

have you tried complaining to Wiggle?

i'm not helping am i?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • spasypaddy
    mudcow007 wrote:

i'm not helping am i?
    this is the first time ive ever bought from them. and if this is the level of service i get i wont be buying from them again

and if you really want me to show off... the reason im so annoyed is that tomorrow im getting public transport so i can ride my Look 695 home with my brand spanking new Enve 6.7 wheels...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Got to day all of my orders have been delivered next day.

Still, you expected better for the money. Email them, although I have noticed that response time to emails is usually 24-36 hours.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    spasypaddy wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

i'm not helping am i?
    this is the first time ive ever bought from them. and if this is the level of service i get i wont be buying from them again

and if you really want me to show off... the reason im so annoyed is that tomorrow im getting public transport so i can ride my Look 695 home with my brand spanking new Enve 6.7 wheels...

:shock: nice ride!

can you not phone them an give them hell?
    0207 485 5000

is the item in stock?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • spasypaddy
    i have emailed and i might phone as im so unimpressed.

Do they normally send out confirmation emails?
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    I'll let you know in 24-36 hours
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Just call them.

People get too hung up on e-mails.
  • spasypaddy
    just phoned them. apologies and its going out today for delivery tomorrow.

the excuse
    "we have students working in our warehouse which is antiquated, we know we need to step up our game and we are sorry"

hmmmm not really good enough IMO but its done now so nothing i can do about it
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    spasypaddy wrote:
    just phoned them. apologies and its going out today for delivery tomorrow.

the excuse
    "we have students working in our warehouse which is antiquated, we know we need to step up our game and we are sorry"

hmmmm not really good enough IMO but its done now so nothing i can do about it

Credit where it's due for their candidness, at least.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rick_chasey
    Makes sense. I imagine they're heading into the growing pains part of a business growth.

Every firm that's donig well goes through it.
  • isn't their standard delivery estimate 3-5 working days? Unless you paid extra for next day?

still think that's a long time but you must have known this when you bought your bag?
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Next time I would jump on the Tube or Cycle down to Condor or the Rapha pop up in Soho has lots of stuff on the shelf.

A friend worked for the company who used to make (Or maybe still do...) their gloves. The leather is bought from Pittards local to me. She said they use the best leather they produce however the mark ups are staggering.
  • They're going to have to up their game if they're supply the Sky kit. I predict a flood of orders - mostly in the XXL - XXXXL sizes.
  • rick_chasey
    They're going to have to up their game if they're supply the Sky kit. I predict a flood of orders - mostly in the XXL - XXXXL sizes.

They are already making bigger sizes IIRC.

They could do with making smaller sizes. Smallest size they have still flaps a bit in the wind on me.
  • spasypaddy
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Credit where it's due for their candidness, at least.
    true.
    Makes sense. I imagine they're heading into the growing pains part of a business growth.

Every firm that's donig well goes through it.
    again true
    isn't their standard delivery estimate 3-5 working days? Unless you paid extra for next day?

still think that's a long time but you must have known this when you bought your bag?
    no i didnt but its not being sent out by recorded delivery, so theres no guarantee that it will be here tomorrow if it gets shipped today. Therefore if it doesnt turn up tomorrow it turns up on monday. thats not 3-5 days.
    twist83 wrote:
    Next time I would jump on the Tube or Cycle down to Condor or the Rapha pop up in Soho has lots of stuff on the shelf.

A friend worked for the company who used to make (Or maybe still do...) their gloves. The leather is bought from Pittards local to me. She said they use the best leather they produce however the mark ups are staggering.
    can you use voucher codes in store?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I think we've all got a little spoiled by Wiggle's prompt delivery. Having said that, I've never waited longer than 2 days for Rapha stuff. Try ordering from M&S if you want to wait a long time!

Wore my winter jersey for the first time on Sat, did 3 laps of RP and was out the door at 7. It is a thing of beauty.
  • meanredspider
    Royles are the most impressive of any company I've ever ordered anything from. It seems to always turn up the next day. Realistically, there's no excuse for slow dispatch these days - the moment your credit card is authorised, the warehouse should have your invoice and label printed out - scan it, pick it, stuff it in a box and chuck it in the heap for collection.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I ordered a Garmin GPS from Royles and took 4 days to come.

I blame Wiggle ;)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • meanredspider
    gabriel959 wrote:

I blame Wiggle ;)

Perhaps they're based in Inverness... :wink:
  • spasypaddy
    so as this thread is showing im the only one whos been shafted by raphas delivery.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    spasypaddy wrote:
    so as this thread is showing im the only one whos been shafted by raphas delivery.

They're punishing you for the Evans connection...
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    spasypaddy wrote:
    so as this thread is showing I'm the only one whos been shafted by raphas delivery.

Did you use the free delivery? I ordered some bib shorts and it took 5-6 days to arrive. I wasn't in any hurry and considering free delivery should only be on orders £100+ I wasn't fussed..
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    spasypaddy wrote:
    so as this thread is showing I'm the only one whos been shafted by raphas delivery.

Did you use the free delivery? I ordered some bib shorts and it took 5-6 days to arrive. I wasn't in any hurry and considering free delivery should only be on orders £100+ I wasn't fussed..

Did you get the RCS Pro team bibs that are in the clearance?
  • pitchshifter
    vermin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Yup £88, very pleased.. Finally a pair of shorts that fit both my height and waist..
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    vermin wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Yup £88, very pleased.. Finally a pair of shorts that fit both my height and waist..

I ordered a pair yesterday - very disappointed they haven't arrived yet :wink:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    gabriel959 wrote:

I blame Wiggle ;)

My District 3 came the next day, good price as well!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • pitchshifter
    vermin wrote:

I ordered a pair yesterday - very disappointed they haven't arrived yet :wink:

:lol: You won't be disappointed, not sure I would pay £160 for them though.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy wrote:

They're punishing you for the Evans connection...
    :lol:
    i did use the free delivery but the order was over £100.