Just purchased defy 1 2013 model !

#david2012
#david2012 Posts: 275
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
After spending too much time online looking at bikes and visiting halfords to look at the boardmans I finally went to my LBS today and purchased a Giant defy 1 2013 model :D spec is virtually identical to the 2012 just different graphics ( not to keen about the green one though )

I collect the bike on friday and cant wait ! thanks to everyone who has offered advice along the way. I was going to wait until the spring but I thought sod it, apparently stock is low on these atm and I picked up the last one :D

Comments

• Nice bike, look forward to some photos
    2010 Trek Madonne 4.7
    2011 Bmc Promachine SLC01
    2013 Wilier Cento 1SR
  • Enjoy it mate, I have the same problem just now, looking at Defy composite 1.
    2014 Ribble Gran Fondo
    2009 Rockhopper Comp
  • Well Friday couldn't wait lol picked up the bike today and looks very much at home on the wall in the utility room! So what's the done thing with all the parafernalia that comes on the bike when bought from new?? Reflectors, bell, etc
  • Eh! Ditch them and the mad disc behind the sprockets. :lol:
    2014 Ribble Gran Fondo
    2009 Rockhopper Comp
  • Ha ha I've stripped pretty much everything off it bar the valve caps, plus I've put some clear tape I use at work where the cables touch the frame! Just curious what ' done thing' is before I take to the roads
  • It should be ceremonially thrown into next doors garden. Appeesing the cycling gods.
  • Sandyballs wrote:
    It should be ceremonially thrown into next doors garden. Appeesing the cycling gods.

Which bit? The mad disc :D
  • Unbelievable ! Dry all day then on the way home started raining :( ... Another night on the trainer then.. Boo
    Hopefully tomorrow evening I can test out the new arrival !
  • #david2012 wrote:
    Sandyballs wrote:
    It should be ceremonially thrown into next doors garden. Appeesing the cycling gods.

Everything that adds unnecessary weight but especially the dork disc. :D

My first bike back into cycling was a Defy 2, i sold it on here last year when I finished building a TCR Advanced. Giants are fantastic, you will not be disappointed, you definitely picked the right bike.

Happy riding.
  • Sandyballs wrote:
    #david2012 wrote:
    Sandyballs wrote:

Everything that adds unnecessary weight but especially the dork disc. :D

My first bike back into cycling was a Defy 2, i sold it on here last year when I finished building a TCR Advanced. Giants are fantastic, you will not be disappointed, you definitely picked the right bike.

Happy riding.

Your right I wasn't disappointed! Sooooooo happy with my purchase :D
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    #david2012 wrote:
    Ha ha I've stripped pretty much everything off it bar the valve caps, plus I've put some clear tape I use at work where the cables touch the frame! Just curious what ' done thing' is before I take to the roads

Rule #60 (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#60) states that you must remove the valve caps as well so they must go too :wink: .
  • I've had mine 2 weeks and love it. Shame the engine isn't quite up to scratch though!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    lotus49 wrote:
    #david2012 wrote:
    Ha ha I've stripped pretty much everything off it bar the valve caps, plus I've put some clear tape I use at work where the cables touch the frame! Just curious what ' done thing' is before I take to the roads

Rule #60 (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#60) states that you must remove the valve caps as well so they must go too :wink: .

If its your race/sunday wheels and you're riding in the dry then fair enough... if not its just stupid to take them off..

remember the rules are incredibly ironic...