Amonia smell in nose after a training ride ??

70\ʹspenguin
70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
edited October 2012 in Health, fitness & training
I am literally 10 mins back form a 40 min training ride and once again i get a faint to strong quick whiff of amonia when i breathe in through my nose! This has happened on numerous occasions but i always thought i had caught a whiff of something in the house.

Its not coming from body odour, so does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else ever get this?

and no i havent pissed myself......yet

Comments

• Thanks for the link. Very interesting. However my sweat doesnt smell, its just a smell i get in the inside of my nose! Well weird! I shall, however, endeavor to have a few more carbs before i go out and see if it helps.

Thanks
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Used to get that (the sweat smell not the nose) when I ran a lot. Never had it cycling - think it's down to the old Camelbak. I could never carry anything when running.

Surely it must be related though.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting. However my sweat doesnt smell, its just a smell i get in the inside of my nose! Well weird! I shall, however, endeavor to have a few more carbs before i go out and see if it helps.

Thanks
    It could well be some of your gear as well. My ageing camelbak absolutely reeks when i've been out riding with it, but the smell subsides after a while, and more or less vanishes after two days.
  • I've noticed this, I thought it was the mud round here,!!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo