Waterproof shorts?

broona
broona Posts: 414
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Got soaked to the skin on Sunday wearing my cheap Altura Summit shorts, so I'd like something a little more weatherproof and slightly less baggy, can almost fit 2 legs in 1 hole on the Summits, ha ha!

Looking at the Madison Tempest as they seem fairly decent, anyone used them or got any alternatives, preferably for less than £50?

Comments

• hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    i use the altura attacks.got the 3/4's for 52 quid last xmas and they work well.still baggy but dont think baggy's are not going to be baggy
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So did the water go up the leg or through the material?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • broona
    hainman wrote:
    i use the altura attacks.got the 3/4's for 52 quid last xmas and they work well.still baggy but dont think baggy's are not going to be baggy

Cheers, I'll take a look, most of my riding mates shorts are far less baggy than mine, I might need a size smaller! :wink:
    So did the water go up the leg or through the material?

Definitely through the material, we were on the road back to the car when the worst shower hit, and they were soaked through in 10 seconds flat.
  • I have some waterproof Endura shorts that I found work really well for the money. I did have the Altura ones before but they ended up falling apart from over use i guess :?
  • broona
    LBS have got some Endura Superlites on offer at £40, gonna pick a pair up on Saturday morning, Sorted. :)