Genesis Latitude 10 - 2011 or 2012 model?

cakelover
cakelover Posts: 5
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Morning!
Just wondered if someone would mind taking a look at the specs of the 2011 and 2012 bikes and letting me know if either is superior to the other one or whether it'll come down to which colour I prefer?
thank youuuuu

2011:http://www.realcycles.com/m1b145s2p2643
2012: http://www.realcycles.com/m1b0s2p2938

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Not much difference in the important parts. Probably just go for the one you like the look of best.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    specs are more or less the same, the 2011 has a better chainset, but the 2012 has a thru axel fork, can't tell from anything i've seen whats on the 2011, but looks like QR, but i'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you exactly whats what
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • How tall are you, because they only have 16" in the 2011 model.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • I was ideally looking at a 16" - I'm 5'6" AND 3/4 - I currently ride a 15.5" specialized women's mtb so am used to a bike coming up a bit small. I did sit on a 17.5" latitude in a shop but I just felt really stretched out on it.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    How old? I would have thought that at 5'7" (see what I did there) a 14" would be a better size, I'm 5'10" and ride a 16", unless you are still growing?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • yikes really? Nope, definitely not still growing - unless I wear heels! The smallest I can find it is in a 16" though.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Try the 16 if you can, it may be perfect.
  • I am 5' 8" and have an altitude 10 08 in the 16.5 xs size and it is fine for me. I do ride with the seat back as far as possible on the rails and have wondered whether a slightly longer stem would make the fit a little better.

If the geometry is similar on the latitude I would think that the 16" would be fine.

For what it is worth I absolutely love mine but would definately recommend protecting the lower part of the frame with some helicopter tape before using. I didnt and mine received a few battle scars on the first few rides :(
  • I'd go for the cheapest and spend the difference on some nice shorts or top. I don't think you'd notice any difference riding these.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20