Clothing

nick1972
nick1972 Posts: 144
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
With the cold winter weather on its way. Can anyone recommend the best shops/websites for winter riding gear.
Cheers

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    planet x bikes. the 6.99 gloves are excellent, the 9.99 ones have just arrived so feel a bit better.

sportpursuit.com for good deals
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    oh. And keep an eye on Aldi, as they do great, cheap kit every now and then
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    It's hard to recommend a brand without knowing how much you want to spend. Personally I like Rapha stuff but I've only ever bought it in sales.
  • So far I've already got under armour base layers, top and bottom which I already use for golf when its freezing and I've been using these and putting my cycling shorts on top, but, I've just bought some DHB bib tights too. I've also got some winter gloves and rain jacket from Aldi which are great. Not invested in anything for the ears yet but it hasnt been that cold yet.

As I play golf, I've got a couple of really good Under Armour shell jackets, which I'll try at night when I'm out, but at the moment I'm still getting a mega sweat on and aren't getting cold. I'll get back to you though when the temperature drops.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Wiggle! I love the DHB kit.

The short sleeve Windslam jersey has impressed me a lot and its perfect for ~5-15c when combined with various other bits of clothing.
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Wiggle! I love the DHB kit.

The short sleeve Windslam jersey has impressed me a lot and its perfect for ~5-15c when combined with various other bits of clothing.

+1 Good VFM
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Prendas for winter gloves, shoes and overshoes.
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    Prendas for winter gloves, shoes and overshoes.
    +1 for prendas. The santini longs (any of them) are good as is the new lightweight wind proof jacket (just got one).

I also just got a pair of the Super roubaix gloves which are great under fingerless mitts - a better autumn/spring option than heavy winter gloves.
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."