Who would have thought?

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited October 2012 in Pro race
It's funny how you form a mental picture of what someone is like in real life from the way they post on the Internet. I went for a couple of pints after work tonight with our own Frenchie - I'm not sure I could have been more wrong!

A very nice chap, who is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about our sport. We could have talked all night - certainly put the World to rights! We discussed the possibility of another London based Christmas meet - any interest?

It'd be nice to meet some more of you.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'm on it, don't worry ;).

All will be arranged.

Having said that, if you want an earlier one, I'm always up for a few. Feel free to PM.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I'm on it, don't worry ;).

All will be arranged.

Having said that, if you want an earlier one, I'm always up for a few. Feel free to PM.

I've heard all about you Mr! :wink:

Will do...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Funny how our online personas (that should be personae btw, but stuff pedantry, it just doesn't look right) are so misleading. In real life I am tall, handsome, witty, rich and, of course, successful with women ;-)
  • rick_chasey
    I imagine most will testify I'm broadly the same.

Ill informed, loud, speaks too much, and love Boonen.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Im short, dark and friendly.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    If you can believe it, I'm even less memorable in real life.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I dread the thought of ever meeting Frenchie because of exactly this... I don't want to LIKE my favourite person to be annoyed by.

;)
  • bompington wrote:
    ...successful with women ;-)

Is this you?

50_epic_super_nerd_photos_38_20090723_1215362463.jpg

Being successful with the ladies?
  • bompington
    Ah, you got me. Don't know who that bloke with me is though.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,572
    I'm up for some London based beers. It's good to be able to talk cycling with people and last year's Xmas drinks were fun. Mr Chasey is younger than I thought. Sadly, I won't be able to make Xmas drinks this year unless it is held in November.
  • bompington
    TheBigBean wrote:
    I'm up for some London based beers. It's good to be able to talk cycling with people and last year's Xmas drinks were fun. Mr Chasey is younger than I thought. Sadly, I won't be able to make Xmas drinks this year unless it is held in November.
    I won't be able to make London drinks unless it is held in Scotland
  • bompington wrote:
    Ah, you got me. Don't know who that bloke with me is though.

Err, Iainf72?
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I feel bad for voicing my interest in drinks as I've had to blow out at short notice on the last 2 times which is just shameful!
  • rick_chasey
    rebs wrote:
    I feel bad for voicing my interest in drinks as I've had to blow out at short notice on the last 2 times which is just shameful!

It is noted.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I'm game for drinks, though need as much notice of the date as possible.

I'm nothing like my online persona in real life, i'm actually quite intelligent and very funny.

:wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    This is starting to sound like a lonely hearts column. Not that I would know. :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Turfle wrote:
    If you can believe it, I'm even less memorable in real life.

Remind me, who are you again? Have you ever posted on here before??
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I have a GSOH and like animals ...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    It's funny how you form a mental picture of what someone is like in real life from the way they post on the Internet. I went for a couple of pints after work tonight with our own Frenchie - I'm not sure I could have been more wrong!

A very nice chap, who is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about our sport. We could have talked all night - certainly put the World to rights! We discussed the possibility of another London based Christmas meet - any interest?

It'd be nice to meet some more of you.

Haha, thanks! It was great to chew over all things road cycling related with you.

MadRapper was madly passionate about the sport and its legends and certainly loves his quality cycling kit and equipment!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    bompington wrote:
    Funny how our online personas (that should be personae btw, but stuff pedantry, it just doesn't look right) are so misleading. In real life I am tall, handsome, witty, rich and, of course, successful with women ;-)

Are you sure its not already plural and the singular would therefore be 'personum'?

Im quite like my online self, in that i dont know very much about cycling.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    In real life my name is Lance.

Is it only drinks being arranged or will there be other chemicals available?
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    izza wrote:

I'm not much of a drinker - please don't coerce me into that extra pint....
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    PBo wrote:
    izza wrote:

I'm not much of a drinker - please don't coerce me into that extra pint....

Every cyclist likes an extra pint of their own blood transfused back now and again, don't they?
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Would love to meet up some if someone (not looking at anyone in particar Chasey*) can be arsed co-ordinating it.

*well you did bail on your own party at the Olympics
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • rick_chasey
    Timoid. wrote:
    Would love to meet up some if someone (not looking at anyone in particar Chasey*) can be arsed co-ordinating it.

*well you did bail on your own party at the Olympics

All right, all right.

Coming to a sticky near you....
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,572
    Timoid. wrote:
    well you did bail on your own party at the Olympics [/size]

Excellent point. I don't think we got full milage out this.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I ll make my Annual Plea for it to be held in The Hague...pretty please?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver