YT wicked 160 LTD?

M1llh0use
M1llh0use Posts: 863
edited July 2013 in MTB general
how many people have actually bought them?

how many are interested in them?

My reason for asking is that i'm thinking of getting one but there's not really a way of testing one so is ther anyone in the south that would mind me meeting them for a spin on it to see what it's like?

failing that, if i do buy it and i don't like it what are the chances of shifting it on?
{insert smartarse comment here}

Comments

• milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    There's at least one in the Your Mountain Bikes section. Looks pretty.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    German bargain basement bikes seem to have pretty low used prices. I tried buying a YT Tues but their customer service was shocking so I bought a Nukeproof instead.
  • M1llh0use
    Been following the one in your mountain bikes, looks great (partly the reason for asking here) awesome spec but as said the warranty is a worry.
    Not seen any yt's sed for sale, hence asking!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i think someone in mbr or mbuk has one as a long term test bike..mbr i think :D
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Saw a guy with one at Stile Cop at the weekend, he really rated it, it did look a beaut too.

To balance up Rockmonkey's comment, I've just bought a Tues and have to say their customer service from initial queries to receipt of bike has been top class.
  • M1llh0use
    have emailed them several times asking questions and they've come back quickly every time. just worries me bank transferring a bunch of cash, then waiting for 6-8 weeks!!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I'm looking at ordering the 160 Ltd in the new year as soon as the dreaded Crimbo is out the way!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Have read a few apocryphal tales about YT not sure how accurate they are.

In terms of VFM they seem unbeatable just not sure how you would go on if there were any issues with E13 wheels or BOS suspension etc.

Paying up front would be a non-starter for me.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Correction, i was looking at the 150 Wicked Ltd. DT swiss stuff 8)
    http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Wicked150ltd
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • DodgeT
    No issue with paying up front, do it via your bank, costs about £10 and your fully protected. I paid then had to wait 5 weeks for the bike, but it was worth it.
  • M1llh0use
    forgive the daft question, "fully protected" how?
  • DodgeT
    Well, originally I was going to pay by credit card, to be protected for any issues, but I spoke to my bank (Natwest) who assured me that the online payment (via my Visa debit card done in store) was just as protected as using a credit card, but with a lot less fee's.

Quick extract from Natwest website;

Using a NatWest Visa Debit card is an easy and convenient way of paying for goods and services wherever you see the Visa logo.
    You can also use your card worldwide to pay for goods and services and withdraw cash, just look out for the Visa logo shown on your card.
    Your card is accepted at millions of retailers and cash machines worldwide. You can also benefit from purchase protection when using your Visa debit card to pay for goods and services.
  • hey guys - I just wrote a review about the Wicked Pro (170mm of travel).
    You find it here: http://www.baguslife.com/09/yt-industries-wicked-pro-review/

Just if there is still someone in the market for a YT Enduro Bike - It really is an amazing bike!