Have you ever...

hegyestomi
hegyestomi Posts: 504
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
said this:
- Can you not remember? I bought it last year in the sale?
- No, I can't remember and also it looks new ?!?!
- You just forgot about it: just as you did with the ............(fill as appropriate)!
- Hmmm, still can't remember (but slowly walks away )
- You always forget things like that honey (Soundless sigh/relief/cheeky smile)!

So your story?

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    me: Guess what I've bought by mistake. Didn't intend to but it was on special offer today only.
    oh: Is it something for your bike?
    m: Yeah. Look at this. How great is that?
    o: What is it?
    m: I'll get to work quicker and save on diesel and have even more fun doing it so I'll be fitter and live longer. Worth every penny, all seven of em.
    o: how much was it?
    m: not much. Do you want some flowers with the change?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Nothing cycling related costs more that £10 and that bare metal frame is aluminium.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    never had any objections to cycling kit from my missus...keeps me fit (well, at least not as lard ass as I would be otherwise), but I can justify a lot on the basis that I'd be paying 3 figures a month in pubic transport costs.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    BigLights wrote:
    never had any objections to cycling kit from my missus...keeps me fit (well, at least not as lard ass as I would be otherwise), but I can justify a lot on the basis that I'd be paying 3 figures a month in pubic transport costs.

Typo maybe? :lol:
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    BigLights wrote:
    but I can justify a lot on the basis that I'd be paying 3 figures a month in pubic transport costs.

Actually, that's how I do it. As long as my total expenditure is less than my annual public transport costs them I'm on relatively safe ground.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Alas, frightened myself by totting up the spend since last July, so now looking to keep purchases under £50 at a time.
    BigLights wrote:
    ... I'd be paying 3 figures a month in pubic transport costs.
    {awaits pun meister riposte}
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    "Can't believe Wiggle put such a small, inexpensive, thing in such a big box.......I'll open it later"
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    How much was it?

A third off!

That was to my Mum when I still loved at home and was spending my pocket money. Since I've been earning my own money I can't say its been an issue.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    BigMat wrote:
    How much was it?

A third off!

That was to my Mum when I still loved at home and was spending my pocket money. Since I've been earning my own money I can't say its been an issue.

Did she clean the sheets for you?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    msmancunia wrote:
    BigLights wrote:

Typo maybe? :lol:

nope!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    All the time.

Me: Honey you should expect a parcel (I get them sent to her work)
    OH: what have you bought?
    me: <anything>
    OH:was it expensive
    Me: not at all, you know me i am tight as a ducks... and its on sale, and I need it.
    OH: anything else
    Me; No, and it will only be a small package (could be anything from a wheelset to a Powerlink)
    OH: your paying for the Chinese.
    Me: ok
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills