A Cycles - online - any experience?

2»

Comments

• Avoid this company like the plague. Just lost nearly £100 through this lot. Took my money weeks ago, called to ask about my delivery and the phone rings out, e-mailed a few times - all ignored and no reply, product never delivered. Raised a complaint with my bank but have no hope of ever seeing my £100 again. Don't get stung..avoid avoid!
  • JimboM
    JimboM Posts: 380
    Guess I was lucky then

Ordered a Kask Mojito and a bottle cage last Monday and they arrived on the Wednesday. That's less than 48hours, quicker then Wiggle!
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • I spent £896.33 with them on the 25th of November and so far have not received my wheels or pedals. They promised to me twice over that I'd get them at the beginning of December. Nothing turned up and they are silent, don't return calls and haven't apologised. Most importantly they have not refunded me my money even though they promised when I finally got them to answer the phone in late December that they would do so immediately. My dispute is now going legal, my advice to you and any other users of this forum is to steer well clear of Acycles, they are an absolutely dreadful company with no customer service and your treated with disdain if you try and contact them to resolve their issues!!
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I spent £896.33 with them on the 25th of November and so far have not received my wheels or pedals. They promised to me twice over that I'd get them at the beginning of December. Nothing turned up and they are silent, don't return calls and haven't apologised. Most importantly they have not refunded me my money even though they promised when I finally got them to answer the phone in late December that they would do so immediately. My dispute is now going legal, my advice to you and any other users of this forum is to steer well clear of Acycles, they are an absolutely dreadful company with no customer service and your treated with disdain if you try and contact them to resolve their issues!!

Did you pay by PayPal?
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I've ordered stuff in the past without issues. Just before Christmas I ordered some replacement Oakley lenses which were showing in stock. A week passed and my order was still being processed so I emailed them to chase it. I had a very apologetic response within an hour to say they were on back order. Three days ago I received an email to say they had been despatched. Sure it took longer than I had expected and if I was desperate for them I would have been annoyed but I wasn't and was more than happy with their communication.
  • rs6mra1
    rs6mra1 Posts: 105
    In my experience I made an order and then realised that i had made an error with the order. Tried to cancel it but to no avail. I tried calling several times, sent several emails and i got no response whatsoever. The goods were supposed to be dispatched IIRC up to 2 days after the order and as I had not received a reply from them I raised a query with Paypal as I was due a full refund if cancelled before despatch. Bearing in mind the timescales, Paypal were unable to resolve before the goods were sent and closed the query! Returning the goods would have been at my expense which I was trying to avoid and they were received and signed for in error.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Most shops will be fine if everything goes right. Its how they deal with it when things go wrong that differentiates.

Much as there might be other reasons to dislike them, Wiggle seem to be the best in my experience, closely followed by CRC and Evans. Most others seem to deal with customer enquiries and returns as an added complication to running a shop, rather than a core part of doing business - often it seems to be a single person doing it all and it may be a bit slow. When that person is helpful as some really are then thats not a big problem, but even then some are woefully slow and I count Merlin in that camp although they deal with things well, returns can take a week to process quite often and just sit around until somebody gets around to dealing with it. I love Merlin in all other ways and accept this but its not ideal.

A Cycles seem to avoid the problem and make themselves difficult to contact and fob people off with excuses and dont do what they promise. Even if they get it right sometimes, its enough to put me off - something would need to be an unbelievable bargain for me to shop there.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Bought a saddle and bar tape from them. Would definitely use again.

Took about 1w postage coming from France.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • I paid on my credit card and am now going through the process of enforced refund as Acycles will not respond to me!! go figure? Reputations are made of this stuff but they don't seem to care at any level.. I'm also following up legally in case I don't get my refund, luckily my family are lawyers so it won't cost me to really go for them!
  • thesloth
    thesloth Posts: 9
    Ordered and paid for DT Swiss hub part which was shown in stock. I needed it urgently and so paid extra for UPS delivery (2-3 days expected).
    I called them after the order asking for details of the shipment. They said that they would mail me the details. I never received anything and a week later the item has not arrived. Calls to their number now go to voicemail.
    IMO: Avoid!
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Bought an FSA stem there. Most UK online retailers asking for £130, got it for £96. Arrived fine so no complaints from me.....
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D