Reversing out of spaces in car parks

2»

Comments

• merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Reverse parkers is for anally retentive people that obviously like making putting things in the boot more difficult.
    RICK CAN'T REVERSE PARK!!! RICK CAN'T REVERSE PARK!!!
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    Reverse parkers is for anally retentive people that obviously like making putting things in the boot more difficult.

or those of us who have cars with the engine at the back.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    You drive a bus?
  • The Ors
    The Ors Posts: 130
    merkin wrote:
    You drive a bus?

Could be a bus; could be an old Skoda or could be a Porche 911/Many various types of Ferrari or Lambo. :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    merkin wrote:
    RICK CAN'T REVERSE PARK!!! RICK CAN'T REVERSE PARK!!!

Can't park generally.

More or less as soon as a passed my test I lost the ability to. Forward or backwards. Or parallel.

Too selfish to give a toss about others I suspect.
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    Sketchley wrote:
    A supermarket car park is not a public highway so is not covered by the highway code. Therefore niether or you have a "right of way". As far as I know most insurance companies work on the principle that car park reversing accidents are split liability unless you can prove otherwise.

Correct, certainly was the case at Norwich Union. My recollection is that all car park collisions I dealt with ended up being split liability unless one of the vehicles was parked (then usually the scrote that caused the damage scarpered).

Basically in a car park everybody maneuvers at their own risk. That's why I hate them, especially supermarkets where I'll go out of my way to park in a unfrequented part of the car park. Funnily I will still end up in the store quicker than the muppets who drive round and round looking for the closest possible space to the entrance. :roll: Even funnier on the occasions when I drive to the gym. Why do people worry about a < 100m walk across the car park at a gym of all places?
    Boardman CX Team
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    The Ors wrote:
    merkin wrote:
    You drive a bus?

Could be a bus; could be an old Skoda or could be a Porche 911/Many various types of Ferrari or Lambo. :D

MR2 roadster, technically it would be mid engined but that makes me sound like a salesman
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    What's wrong with the rear view camera?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    this is clearly an impossible task unless you are me and of course I alway slide the "jag" into a nice tight spot with a sharp jerk on the handbrake for the rest of you you'll be need the help of pigman

1182.jpg

Yes Greg66 is pretty much available anytime apart from when he's on holiday so Mon-Sun
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Drive a Van with a Tow bar and no reversing lights. they soon back off. most of the supermarket parking here seems to have foot path between them so reversing in has its advantages.

but back to the OP. I would give way to the reversing car. What the Highway code says about driving on Private land is .......
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    i give you pigman and you follow with that @NL shame shame on you tsk!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.