Recommend me some bib tights

thescouselander
thescouselander Posts: 549
edited October 2012 in Road general
My legs got a bit cold when I was out this weekend so I'm after some warmer leg wear. Could someone recommend me some decent bib tights for colder weather that will be easy on the wallet?

Comments

• simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    The dhb roubaix have had good reviews and are only £40 or so. Am gonna get myself some
  • Funkier thermal bib tights, had about a month now. Just ordered a second pair.
    Bianchi infinito 2012
    Specialized Secteur
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    Polaris Vortex £60 ish or
    Mavic Inferno £80 ish if you are xxl
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    For a cheap padless pair, Lusso roubaix/repel tights, had a pair for 4 yrs and they work a treat, faultless.
    Northwave blade are a very good padded tight for the price.
    Plus i've got the DHB roubaix 3/4 tights but these don't have the quality of the other two but they're ok, going by the reviews the full length tights seem to have some quality issues but you can't complain given the price.
  • Danny87
    Danny87 Posts: 121
    Depending on your size requirements

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pace-roubai ... bib-tight/

I'd go for these ^^^ I have a pair of the DHB Vaeon Roubaix which is the newer version of these, but at that price £30 I might get some myself!
  • Danny87 wrote:
    Depending on your size requirements

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pace-roubai ... bib-tight/

I'd go for these ^^^ I have a pair of the DHB Vaeon Roubaix which is the newer version of these, but at that price £30 I might get some myself!

Good call but none available in my size - I went for the newer version though. Thanks
  • Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    Bozman wrote:
    For a cheap padless pair, Lusso roubaix/repel tights, had a pair for 4 yrs and they work a treat, faultless.

Ditto from me
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    +1 on Funkier, however I do find them small around the chest - tried Med, then large then XL, even the XL is quite tight aorund the chest as these tights go quite high.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • My new dhb Vaeon Roubaix tights are great fit and quality, very pleased for £40. Still feel a little wind chill on tops of legs so maybe would need to wear leg warmers in cold cold weather.
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Lusso Roubaix here. Donkeys years old now and the zip is bust, but warm and hardwearing. I prefer to wear shorts under my longs so getting these padless is just right for me.
  • My legs got a bit cold when I was out this weekend so I'm after some warmer leg wear.
    Might be worth considering leg warmers with your normal shorts. Was very skeptical about the concept, so picked up the cheapest pair I could get my mitts on to try them out (£7, Fitjo on eBay) and I have to say I'm a convert. They stay put just fine, kept me nice and toasty in near zero temps a couple of weekends back, and no worrying about whether I'm going to overheat once the day warms up. They'll also come in handy if you get invited to a Rocky Horror Show fancy dress party that you can't possibly get out of.
    Mangeur
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    Madison Bib Tights...

The chamois in them are made buy the same ppl who make the Assos pads.. They were only about £50 and are comfier then my Santinis
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I have been quite impressed with my Lidl bib tights - cost me a tenner.
  • +1 They have been good so far, this Autumn.
    'fool'
  • Donie75
    Donie75 Posts: 92
    I just bought these Giordana Technical Windscreen Bib tights http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=32229 on CRC because they sent me out a £10 voucher. They only have 3xl but they should be fine on me.
    I added a set of Santini knee warmers to cover good autumn days too.