Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited October 2012 in The cake stop
What with the ongoing issues surrounding LA and USADA/UCI et all. Will we see his bit part as 'himself' removed from Dodgeball. Especially since his script is all about not giving up.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    "You're more useless than a c*ck flavoured lollypop" .. :D
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Mr Goo wrote:
    What with the ongoing issues surrounding LA and USADA/UCI et all. Will we see his bit part as 'himself' removed from Dodgeball. Especially since his script is all about not giving up.

I noticed the other week that somebody has already removed the video of Lance Armstrong's cameo from Youtube. Why the person felt compelled to remove two minutes worth of Dodgeball from Youtube because of the USADA findings, I have no idea? Its all a bit OTT.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Mr Goo wrote:

But he didn't give up!
    Even when the rumours started and team mates got caught, he carried on with the doping programme :twisted:
    Allegedly (do we still need to include that?)
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • mr_goo
    I would like the airport scene re-shot.
    Barman - George Hincapie
    Waiter - Floyd Landis
    Airport Check In - Johan Bruyneel
    Australian Backpacker - Matt White
    Peter La Fleur - Vince Vaughn to be replaced with Jan Ullrich
    LA - LA

Script should change to:

LA - Hey aren't you Jan Ullrich?
    JU - Lance Armstrong!
    LA - Ya, that's me but I'm a big fan of yours.
    JU - Really?
    LA - Ya, I've been watching the dodgeball tournament on the Ocho. ESPN 8. I just can't get enough of it (LA looks
    longingly at the shelf full of pills and blood bags next to TV ) Good luck in the tournament. I'm really pulling for you against those cheating jerks from Festina. I think you better hurry up or you're going to be late.
    JU - Uh....Actually I decided to quit...Lance.
    LA - Quit! You know once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends, family and Dr Ferrari, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France 5 times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of to keep you from the finals?
    JU - Right now it feels a little bit like...shame, the shame of losing to you, that's why I took up dodgeball.
    LA - Well, a person should never quit when the going gets tough they should find other means to overcome those obstacles. However they may regret them later in life. But good luck to you Jan I'm sure the decision won't haunt you forever.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    Barman - George Hincapie
    Waiter - Floyd Landis
    LA - LA

Script should change to:

JU - Lance Armstrong!
    JU - Really?
    LA - Ya, I've been watching the dodgeball tournament on the Ocho. ESPN 8. I just can't get enough of it (LA looks
    longingly at the shelf full of pills and blood bags next to TV ) Good luck in the tournament. I'm really pulling for you against those cheating jerks from Festina. I think you better hurry up or you're going to be late.
    LA - Quit! You know once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends, family and Dr Ferrari, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France 5 times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of to keep you from the finals?
    JU - Right now it feels a little bit like...shame, the shame of losing to you, that's why I took up dodgeball.
    LA - Well, a person should never quit when the going gets tough they should find other means to overcome those obstacles. However they may regret them later in life. But good luck to you Jan I'm sure the decision won't haunt you forever.

Your post and avatar seem an ironic choice......ho hum.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Barman - George Hincapie
    Waiter - Floyd Landis
    LA - LA

Script should change to:

JU - Lance Armstrong!
    JU - Really?

WHS ^^^
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    If you remove LA from Dodgeball you'd have to at least also remove O J Simpson from Naked Gun as a person who, er, fights crime!
  • mr_goo
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Barman - George Hincapie
    Waiter - Floyd Landis
    LA - LA

Script should change to:

JU - Lance Armstrong!
    JU - Really?

WHS ^^^

Fair point. Though Pantani is no longer with us and he was very much a flawed character, unlike LA who always tries to give off the 'no flies on me' persona.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Read in Variety that they are fliming a new doc.re Pantani-in Derbyshire of all places.Cannot be long before an even bigger film script pitches to Hollywood, where another flawed egoist hits the skids.Im available for the Ullrich role.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.