34.9mm seat posts - Hens teeth...

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Looking for a nice carbon seatpost 34.9mm (pref Ritchey), but they appear to be like the proverbial hens teeth!
Certainly can't see any deals!
Anyone know of some for sale?...
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Scott specific size, unlikely to get too many deals. Think I mentioned New Ultimate on one of your posts, they do a 34.9, I may still have one if you're interested - 130g or so, 95kg weight limit. Slight offset.
  • pastey_boy
    pastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • hopper1
    I did look at their site... Some very nice kit, but saw somewhere there was a 4 week lead time on the 34.9mm post!
    Which model/ colour do you have. I'm 70kgs.
    PM me a price :wink:
  • njee20
    I'll have to check to be honest, not sure what stock I've still got, if I do have one it'll almost certainly be a plain carbon one, I'll have to check a price!
  • hopper1
    njee20 wrote:
    I'll have to check to be honest, not sure what stock I've still got, if I do have one it'll almost certainly be a plain carbon one, I'll have to check a price!

Ok, I'll wait on the price :wink:
    Bloody habit is gonna cost me a fortune... Again!
  • KCNC do a scandium one that is Scott size. They claim its lighter than the Ritchey carbon. Not the lightest at 180g but still rather nice.
  • hopper1
    KCNC do a scandium one that is Scott size. They claim its lighter than the Ritchey carbon. Not the lightest at 180g but still rather nice.

Saw that on the xc racer site. It is nice, but I get a boner for carbon! :oops:
  • hopper1 wrote:
    KCNC do a scandium one that is Scott size. They claim its lighter than the Ritchey carbon. Not the lightest at 180g but still rather nice.

Saw that on the xc racer site. It is nice, but I get a boner for carbon! :oops:

So the stiffer your post......... :wink:
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    how about using a shim ?
  • We sell hundreds of shims a year because posts are a bit hard to come by. Then you can choose any seatpost on the market.

34.9-30.9 or 34.9-31.6

Neil (Superstar components)
  • hopper1
    Will probably opt for a shim, if njee20 doesn't have a carbon post...
  • njee20
    Yes sorry, forgot to check my 'stock room'

(read: the bottom of my wardrobe). Really ought to make a more concerted effort to sell the £1000 or so of kit that's in there :?
  • hopper1
    Well, if you come across (not literally! :shock: ) any nice bars, or stems, let me know... :wink:
  • njee20
    I don't have any stems, but I certainly have a set of flat carbon bars, and I think some alu ones too, 600mm, bit of sweep.
  • hopper1
    njee20 wrote:
    I don't have any stems, but I certainly have a set of flat carbon bars, and I think some alu ones too, 600mm, bit of sweep.

I think I'm going to try some carbon bars with a slight rise.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Odd statement that.
  • hopper1
    Odd statement that.

Eh!...