SE London

nick1972
nick1972 Posts: 144
Hi, I live in SE London and am currently riding solo. Whilst I'm happy on my own I'd like the company and motivation of having buddies to ride with.

Anyone in my neck of the woods free on weekends?

Comments

• Alot of good clubs in that area. Try Dulwich Paragon if you're in SE london.
    Up: Wilier Mortirolo
    Down: Orange Patriot
  • nick1972
    Cheers. I've thought about club riding but being a beginner I'm worried about keeping up and doing the distances.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Lots of clubs other than Dulwich - Penge CC, De Laune, Sydenham Wheelers, Crystal Palace Tri, Norwood Paragon, Catford etc. Dulwich are v high profile and seem to get all the new cyclists at the moment which isn't necessarily a good thing for either party.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I was thinking about joining Catford CC - they seem to have an introductory Saturday morning ride. and they ride around Sevonoaks area which I do already. http://catfordcc.co.uk/default.aspx?sm=1

I have to wait for 2 things though - end of the term as I have to take son to rugby on a saturday and the removal of a month old cold - I did a 45 mile ride yesterday and I am dying today for some reason - I just wish I could shake of the perma cold I have - one month of a slightly sore throat and opartially bunged up nose - today I have a tempreature as well!
  • nick1972
    I've been looking at Penge Cycling club. Dulwich seems a bit pro for me and Catford CC is based in Farnborough Village which is probably 20 miles from me (I'm in Brockley).

Good luck shaking that cold
  • I ride with penge cycle club. Not a race club, more social and sportive training rides although a few do track and cyclocross. Social rides, Women's only rides, kid's racing.

Come to se20 cycles on the high street and say hello. Sundays 8.00am depart from the shop.
    Goes as far and as fast as the people who turn up want to. No one gets dropped

Calendar on pengecc.org in case club run is cancelled due to an event.

Whatever your experience you'd be made very welcome and even if you only want to do a few miles there will be rides you can join.
  • nick1972
    Cheers Foresthill I'm looking for a Saturday morning ride. Work takes up my Sunday morning.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Nick1972 wrote:
    Cheers Foresthill I'm looking for a Saturday morning ride. Work takes up my Sunday morning.

Bigfoot CC in Hayes, Kent.

7 level of rides all on a Saturday.

Details here:

http://www.bigfootbikeclub.org/index.ph ... sition=4:4
  • nick1972
    Cheers Gazzaput. I'll have a look at their website...