Wheel not spinning truely

neil81
neil81 Posts: 19
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all

I posted a question about Tektro brakes earlier but now have an unrelated query about wheels... Whilest checking my bike over today, i noticed that the front wheel wasnt spinning as it should, i assumed that it was rubbing on the brakes at certain points but turns out that wasnt the case. the discs werent touching the pads at all, instead, it is like the wheel is rocking at certain points whilst going round, hard to explain but when turning very slowly by hand, you feel resistance up to a point and then once past that point, the opposite feeling, like its rolling. All in all, it makes the wheel only spin a few times round before stopping as apposed to the rear one which just goes on spinning like it should. i presume its the bearings as they are the only thing i cant see and everything else looks ok. from my (pretty poor) description, what is it likely to be and what do i need to be doing to fix it (apart from taking it to halfords which i will only do as a last resort!). guessing whatever the issue is, its costing me energy and speed whilst riding?? :?

Ta

Comments