Which is the Best UK Trail Centre?

jonny2773
jonny2773 Posts: 56
edited February 2013 in Holidays
Hi Guys,

Im planning on taking 3 day trip to a UK trail centre, before the cold weather sets in and would like to know which is the best?

There is just the 2 of us and i would like to think our style of riding is agressive but not idiotic. Neither of us are the greatest riders, but we are reasonably competant. We regularly ride Hamsterley Red Routes and find the downhill sections fun and they only get scary when we really try to push ourselves.

Currently Glentress is top of the the list as we have been once for a few hours and love the Downhill Sections there, but i would like your opinions on if there is better in the UK for fast, flowy, jumpy, bermy type trails.....distance from home is not a concern :)

Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Glentress is a good option.
    Over a day's worth of riding there plus there is the natural stuff too.

Have a think about the Lakes too there's oodles of natural riding there
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Sounds like Glentress and Innerleithen were pretty much built for you ;) Do GT red and blue, Inners red (and black if you like rocks), maybe go back up and do Make or Brake on the downhill trails (this leads into/becomes the final caddon bank descent) That's 2 solid days there. It'll rain on the other one ;)

I've not been yet but maybe the antur stiniog uplift centre would be of interest too?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • dhooper7
    dhooper7 Posts: 156
    Llandegla gets my vote
    2011 Specialized Enduro Comp
    2014 Boardman Hybrid Comp
  • leona
    leona Posts: 26
    coed y brenin for sure! plenty there for 2-3 days and its not even that far from penmachno or marin trails...no brainer
  • I have only used 2!

Llandegla is great, very well organised, easy parking, great cafe etc, Red and Black offer challenges, but do-able. Even the Blue route I took my 8yo boy on was fun. Be careful of the weather though, plenty of snow.

Grizedale Forrest, again very well organised, well worth going if you have family who want to do other things (forest trails/rides/play area etc)... I have done the North Face trail and the other runs, but I find it unbalanced, with some tough parts (very hard climbs), boulders etc, then its gets boring in parts on wide tracks.
  • + 1 million for GT & Inners.

Stay at Glentress Forest Lodges. You can hire one of the wigwams or take a tent. Facilities are brilliant, kitchen, shower block, secure lockup for the bikes etc.

Group of us off here went last year for a long weekend. We had a couple of days riding round GT, then did the uplift day at Inners.

Plenty of locals on here who would meet you to take you round if it's your first time. IMHO, the local knowledge is invaluable as it's such a big place you could easily miss some of the best bits if you're only there a couple of days.