3 Peaks lost(found) property

sally65
sally65 Posts: 76
edited October 2012 in Amateur race
bit of a long shot this, went for walk up whernside today and 40 or so mts the inglebro side of the summet found a cycle computer. still works dispite all the rain on that day and since.
If you think it could be yours PM me a discription and Ill try to get it back to you.
any ideas on where else I could try?

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    A noble gesture but you'll be lucky to find the owner! Hand it in to the local police and you'll get it back in 3 months when no one claims it :)
  • sally65
    bit posh for me, heart rate, cad etc.
    If I cant find who's it is what would be peoples views if I put it on ebay and sent the money to the local cave rescue or bowland MR
    would that be ok?
  • To be fair OP, simply keeping it would be fair. Selling it / proceeds to charity is admerable, hats off to you if thats what you end up doing :)
  • sally65
    finding its owner has become my quest now. fiddling around with this computer, pressing buttons, Ive managed to find out the owner is male, 5'8" and I know his date of birth.
    do you have to log your D.O.B with the race powers that be? if so Im in with a chance.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Have you posted this on the 3 peaks forum? Might get lucky there. Also worth posting on Singletrack - lots of cx types there.
  • sally65
    i dont seem able to sign up on that site, but I did get organizers email from it. Ill try him tomorrow
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Sally I can post on your behalf if you need me to - pm me if you want.
  • sally65
    thanks, Ive managed to post on the 3 peaks site now. No joy as yet.Ill hang on to it, you never Know the owner may be found and its not as if it takes up much space in my house.
    If you could think of anywhere else or point people in the right direction it would be good.
    If all else fails I can always hold it up when I go to watch next year.