Next year's Tour: poll

Lichtblick
Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
edited October 2012 in Pro race
In the fall-out from the USADA report, will next year's Tour be affected at all?

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Not really, too much money involved and most of the central figures in this case will either be out of the sport or are rehabilitated.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    "None of the above".

It will go ahead, same as usual, largely uneffected. It's been through stuff like this before.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Tour's bigger than anything.

It's the 100th Tour, and it'll be an epic parcours.
  • Lichtblick
    RichN95 wrote:
    "None of the above".

It will go ahead, same as usual, largely uneffected. It's been through stuff like this before.

Uh? That's option 4. :?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Lichtblick wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    "None of the above".

Uh? That's option 4. :?

Not quite. Option 4 attributes its continuation to it being the 100th edition. It wouldn't matter if it was the 93rd or 116th.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Lichtblick
    okee doke. Poll question fails. :(
  • RichN95 wrote:
    "None of the above".

^ This (but without the spelling mistake). What happened in the 2006 and 2007 Tours was far more damaging. The Armstrong verdict isn't a surprise to anyone who follows cycling and relate to Tours of several years ago.
  • Quite biased wording in the poll... I declare it null and void. New one please.
    Crushing the symptoms
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    ASO is out to make money so it will always go ahead unless influences outside their control stop it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    I see that the rumoured route is suggesting a nocturne finish on the Champs Elysees.

I think that might be quite spectacular

http://www.velopeloton.com/2013_tour_de ... route.html
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • The poll's weighted, the Tour will go ahead with no problems. Everyone said in 2008 it wouldn't go ahead because of the fall out between UCI and ASO but everyone just agreed to forget about Unibet and get on with things.

Out of interest when's the actual route announced?
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Next Wednesday 24th.

Thats why I've started taking an interest in it.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016