Titus El Guapo V3

Kenny78
Kenny78 Posts: 20
edited February 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi guys,

I'm new here and here's my ride.

Nothing special but this is my first ever FS and mighty proud of it!

I will not win races, i will not climb the highest mountain but this is my pride! :D

2cwwr5v.jpg

Updated!
Titus El Guapo V3 's Description:
Fork - 2011 Fox Float 36 RC2
Rear Shox - Rockshox Monarch RT3
Shifters - Shimano Saint M810
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Siant M810 SGS
Brake Levers - Shimano XTR M988
Brakes - Shimano XTR M988
Brake Rotors - Shimano IceTech 203mm (F) Shimano IceTech 180mm (R)
Crankset - Shimano SLX
Bottom Bracket - Shimano XT
Pedals - HT AE01
Cassette - Shimano Deore XT
Chainring - Blackspire Super Pro 32t
Chain Guide - MRP S4
Chain - Taya NOVE-91 Ultra Light Ti-Gold
Rims - Sun Ringle EQ27
Spokes - Wheelsmith
Hubs - Hope Pro Evo 2
Tyres - Panaracer CG AM 2.35
Skewers - Hope (R)
Headset - Smoothie Mixer Tapered
Stem - Answer DJ
Handlebar - Answer DH
Grips - Answer DH
Seatpost - DSP Bighorn 30.9mm
Seat Clamp - Da Bomb Bomb Clamp 34.9mm
Saddle - Da Bomb Skull 2.0

Comments

• swiftyx2
    swiftyx2 Posts: 203
    Very Nice,,,,

Let us know how it rides dude.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3 Carbon Athena
    Marin Attack Trail 6.8
    Marin Wolfridge 6.8 Stolen by sum Scum Bags
    Trek 6500
    Bianchi Carbon
  • Kenny78
    So far it rides good! Never felt so good bombing down the slopes!

Just needs some getting used to for the geometry and still fiddling with the shox settings.

One thing for sure is that the BB feels lower compared to my previous GT Ava 1.0 and will have the occasional scraps against the dirt when cornering.

Just fixed in the HT AE01 pedals and looking to see if the super flats (11mm) will make a difference. :D

Cheers!
  • Kenny78
    Just had a rough weigh in for my bike (weighed myself on the weighing machine, then with bike) and it turns out to be ard 13kg (28.6pounds).

Is that a decent weight for an AM bike? :?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Doubtful its 28lbs, seems on the light side for the kit on it, 36 180's and a tough frame and wheelset, would say 30 or so lbs would be closer to the mark, which is still a decent weight considering.
  • Kenny78
    lawman wrote:
    Doubtful its 28lbs, seems on the light side for the kit on it, 36 180's and a tough frame and wheelset, would say 30 or so lbs would be closer to the mark, which is still a decent weight considering.

You are right! my mush brain did a wrong calculation and it is 30lbs! :P
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Kenny78 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

does it really matter? its weighs considerably more when your "arris" is sat on it :lol: great looking bike by the way :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Kenny78 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

does it really matter? its weighs considerably more when your "arris" is sat on it :lol: great looking bike by the way :D

It also weighs considerably less if you take a pre-ride dump :P
  • Kenny78
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Kenny78 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

Nope, it doesn't matter, to me at least. Just weighing for the heck of it. am really comfy with 14kg! :P
  • Kenny78
    lawman wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Kenny78 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

It also weighs considerably less if you take a pre-ride dump :P

That's is one important ritual! hahaha! anyway, as you ride, the weight reduces as well, if u know what i mean. not much but still a reduction! haha! :lol:
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    ah man, and i' thought i'd just made up my mind which 150mm full sus i wanted and moved away from building one of these... that's one nice bike (although i couldn't stretch to saint/xtr kit).

one question though, how come no dropper post?
  • Kenny78
    MDobs wrote:
    ah man, and i' thought i'd just made up my mind which 150mm full sus i wanted and moved away from building one of these... that's one nice bike (although i couldn't stretch to saint/xtr kit).

currently, i'm feeling my sweet spot for the seatpost length and i can't find a reason to dump in extra bucks for getting a dropper. :mrgreen:

though it came to mine many many times but so far i'm good with the current length. 8)
  • bonezy
    bonezy Posts: 129
    I am ever so slightly (read massively) tempted with the x9 el guapo, crazy spec for the money. This one looks ace too!
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    what size is the frame and what height are you?

Lovely bike - will keep an eye out on on-one website as they are due december time
  • Kenny78
    bonezy wrote:
    I am ever so slightly (read massively) tempted with the x9 el guapo, crazy spec for the money. This one looks ace too!

Thanks for the compliment! :mrgreen:

And yes, it's mad awesome! :P
  • Kenny78
    booyaka wrote:
    what size is the frame and what height are you?

Lovely bike - will keep an eye out on on-one website as they are due december time

I got the M frame and i'm standing at 5 10". :)
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    nice one - cheers for that. enjoy.

How is it up the hills?
  • Kenny78
    booyaka wrote:
    nice one - cheers for that. enjoy.

How is it up the hills?

I'm not the strongest climber but i'm still able to go quite abit. so a good climber will do it without problem! :wink:
  • Kenny78
    Looks fast!

Fast bike, slow rider! :wink:
  • Kenny78 wrote:

Join the club 8)
  • Kenny78
    Kenny78 wrote:

Join the club 8)

hahaha! :P
  • Dropper post is awesome....... :D

Updated 1st post!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Kenny78 wrote:

Just needs some getting used to for the geometry and still fiddling with the shox settings.

One thing for sure is that the BB feels lower compared to my previous GT Ava 1.0 and will have the occasional scraps against the dirt when cornering.

Just fixed in the HT AE01 pedals and looking to see if the super flats (11mm) will make a difference. :D

Cheers!

If you're finding you're having problems with the BB and pedal strikes then have a read of this, you might be affected. Seems some of the earlier V3s had BBs that were too low, has since been rectified.

I know the BB is supposed to be inline with the axles, with a 540mm AC fork and 15mm stack lower headset cup. Mine is about 4mm lower, but I'm running a slackset and internal lower cup so it's probably as expected. But worth checking yours, if it is one of the low ones then get them to replace it for you, new stock is due this month I believe.
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Kenny78 wrote:

Cheers!

If you're finding you're having problems with the BB and pedal strikes then have a read of this, you might be affected. Seems some of the earlier V3s had BBs that were too low, has since been rectified.

I know the BB is supposed to be inline with the axles, with a 540mm AC fork and 15mm stack lower headset cup. Mine is about 4mm lower, but I'm running a slackset and internal lower cup so it's probably as expected. But worth checking yours, if it is one of the low ones then get them to replace it for you, new stock is due this month I believe.

Ah i see. What is the proper criteria i need to do to measure the bb height? I measure mine at 13" but got asked a bunch of question that i don't understand. =\
  • MDobs wrote:

There you go, dropper installed, and an increase in performance! (5%) :lol:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Kenny78 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Kenny78 wrote:

Cheers!

Ah i see. What is the proper criteria i need to do to measure the bb height? I measure mine at 13" but got asked a bunch of question that i don't understand. =\

Best way is to get a piece of string from dropout to dropout and measure the drop/rise from the string to the centre point of the BB. It should be minimal, I think someone said anything over 1/2 inch drop indicates you could have an affected frame. Alteratively drop on-one an email, they should be able to tell you if yours is from an affected batch.
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Kenny78 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Kenny78 wrote:

Cheers!

Best way is to get a piece of string from dropout to dropout and measure the drop/rise from the string to the centre point of the BB. It should be minimal, I think someone said anything over 1/2 inch drop indicates you could have an affected frame. Alteratively drop on-one an email, they should be able to tell you if yours is from an affected batch.

ah ok, sent them a mail. thanks