50% off GTs at Wiggle

Mark909
Mark909 Posts: 456
edited October 2012 in MTB general
I just noticed that wiggle have GT Avalanche 1 and 2 and GT Zaskar on sale with 50% off. Seems like a good deal to me. Though id post it in case anyones looking for a new bike at the moment. They've still got a decent range of sizes as well.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gt-avalanche-30-2012/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gt-avalanche-10-disc-2012/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gt-zaskar-comp-2012/

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    That zaskar comp looks a bargain!
  • stiscooby
    stiscooby Posts: 139
    I'm after a new bike to replace my recently stolen mongoose tryax elite........ Would either the avalanche 1 or zaskar comp be better than a voodoo hoodoo?

Cheers
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Zaskar comp is on a par with a Hoodoo, the fork being not quite as good (but pretty much), the avalanche is not as good.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • stiscooby
    The Zaskar comp is on a par with a Hoodoo, the fork being not quite as good (but pretty much), the avalanche is not as good.

So the GT Zaskar wouldn't be worth the extra £100 ish that is would cost over the Voodoo Hoodoo?

I do prefer the look of the GT though, the matt paint on the Voodoo's look a bit 'cheap'.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Zaskar is definitely worth the extra. Lighter, better fork, better parts.
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    supersonic wrote:
    Sadly they only mediums.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • stiscooby
    ToeKnee wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    Sadly they only mediums.

Medium is fine for me 8)
  • stiscooby
    stiscooby wrote:
    ToeKnee wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    Sadly they only mediums.

Medium is fine for me 8)

Wiggle sale changed to 40% now :cry: that's pushed the zaska well over £600 and out of my price range :evil:
  • Wow cant grumble at that can you! :lol:
    cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
    :Giant Roam 3
    :Bianchi Nirone 7
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    stiscooby wrote:
    stiscooby wrote:
    ToeKnee wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    Sadly they only mediums.

Medium is fine for me 8)

Wiggle sale changed to 40% now :cry: that's pushed the zaska well over £600 and out of my price range :evil:
    Do you use topcashback or the like? Will (eventually) get a refund of a couple % on the purchase so will make it cheaper!
  • stiscooby
    stuisnew wrote:
    stiscooby wrote:
    stiscooby wrote:
    ToeKnee wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    Sadly they only mediums.

Medium is fine for me 8)

Do you use topcashback or the like? Will (eventually) get a refund of a couple % on the purchase so will make it cheaper!

Haven't heard of that one but do use Quidco sometimes, not sure if thats usable with Wiggle etc.
  • ToeKnee
    edited October 2012
    The discounts are changing on some items ... there's now another £50 off the Felt Nine Comp 2012 (now £550) ... my son's going to be happy at Christmas. :mrgreen:

Edited to add current price.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    I asked for a quote on the Felt Nine Comp through our C2W scheme and it was £1100!

If I wasn't skint at the moment I'd just buy it.
  • stiscooby
    Never heard of a Felt Nine Comp 2012. How do these compare to the GT's (at this price i guess it would be compared to a zaskar?) or a Hoodoo???
  • ToeKnee
    Just collected and setup the Felt 9 Comp (CityLink are useless). I'm impressed and wished I had one. WIggle had setup and packed the bike very well (including Haribo). I see the price is now a tad higher at £599.
    Seneca wrote:
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Good value indeed, but I would probably still have the (cheaper) Radon Team 7.0
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.