Copyright

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited October 2012 in The cake stop
Removal of DRM is illegal in the UK. But you can legally copy DRM files. There is software that does this, but I can't apparently announce the name of this on the internet, in case you decide not to follow the laws on fair dealing.

We apparently have to be responsible for your actions. Surely we cannot be arbiters of someone else's intent.

Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are:

Private and research study purposes.
Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes.
Criticism and news reporting.
Incidental inclusion.
Copies and lending by librarians.
Acts for the purposes of royal commissions, statutory enquiries, judicial proceedings and parliamentary purposes.
Recording of broadcasts for the purposes of listening to or viewing at a more convenient time, this is known as time shifting.
Producing a back up copy for personal use of a computer program.
Playing sound recording for a non profit making organisation, club or society.
(Profit making organisations and individuals should obtain a license from PRS for Music.)
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Eh? :?
  • it is an absolute crock - the copyright laws and drm. The guy who posted about copying a dvd had his post locked yet you can, as you said get the software and make copies for a personal back up - yet there are tons of vids posted on here from youtube that blatantly break copyright law. Copy what you like is what I say - freedom for tooting.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    He only wanted advice, ok maybe his intentions were criminal, maybe he wanted to single handedly bring about the collapse of Time Warner.

So these criminal activities may give him a new vent for his criminal activities

it is illegal to urinate in the sea in Portugal
    it is illegal to flush the toilet after 10pm if you are in an apartment block in Switzerland
    it is illegal for anyone to leave a building without wearing their pants in Thailand
    it is illega not to check for children hiding under your car before you set off in Denmark

Just a few ideas to be going on with...
    my isetta is a 300cc bike