fork upgrade for my 2011 fury

stuworsley
stuworsley Posts: 18
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey all, ive had a 2011 carerra fury for a year now that replaced a specialized hard rock sport and have Love the bike. Feels way better than the special.

Ive got more serious lately and had a few runs out to landegla hitting the blacks

and at least getting round them if not leaping 3 foot high and feel the front fork is letting me down.....

i have no experience to compare it to but it just dosent feel like Its doing much. feels very stiff and clunky....i set the sag but still makes my arms ache at times.

Ive managed to wear out the steering bearings and was thinking about a fork upgrade at the same time. Can you reccomend a good upgrade to the suntour raidon that i will notice a good improvement on or perhaps its my technique?...

Any thoughts

Cheers stu

Comments

• Reba.

Or a spaced down Revelation.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    stuworsley wrote:
    i have no experience to compare it to but it just dosent feel like Its doing much. feels very stiff and clunky....i set the sag but still makes my arms ache at times.

Ive managed to wear out the steering bearings and was thinking about a fork upgrade at the same time. Can you reccomend a good upgrade to the suntour raidon that i will notice a good improvement on or perhaps its my technique?...

Any thoughts
    if you've had it a year and really been giving it some, maybe it just needs a service, but if your set on upgrading it
      Reba.
      Or a spaced down Revelation.
        what he said
      Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
    • At that price i may be aswell chang7ng bikes.......ill keep an eye on the classifieds. Cheers 4 the advice
    • LJ.
      LJ. Posts: 149
      Rockshox Recon Gold £180 http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/f ... -2012.html
      got 15mm axle which the Fury already has right?
    • MDobs
      MDobs Posts: 167
      After much research and web scouring I got a 2012 Reba RLT fork to upgrade my Fury... can't tell you what difference it's made as I haven't actually made the change yet despite getting it in June (didn't ride all summer due to injury). I got mine for 270 from Merlin, think they still have them.