Ragley Piglet advice

plugp7
plugp7 Posts: 298
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
Been thinking of reframing my 05 Orange P7 with a Ragley Piglet.
Having trouble viewing a frame locally let alone test riding a Piglet.
P7 frame is 19" so thinking of 18" Piglet. Me, 90kg and 181cm tall.
Also, although press reports are good, what are users comments. Any known issues.
Also factoring in new stem and bars (shorter and wider).

Thoughts, comments?
Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Why do you want to change?
  • plugp7
    supersonic wrote:
    Why do you want to change?

P7 frame really needs a paint job, so there's £100 to start with and would like to try something with slacker head angle.
    P7 is 71degrees and I liked the feel of some bikes I've tried with slacker angles.
    Figured if it wasn't for me it would be easy to sell on easily with not much loss.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I tested a piglet with 120mm forks. I don't usually like slack angled bikes, but the steep seat angle planted your weight nicely making it still quite quick to turn, yet stable when you needed it to be.

What forks would you be using?
  • plugp7
    Revelation 426 dual air. 08 model. 130mm.

How did you find the sizing?
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    I've had a Piglet since January.

At 6 foot with short legs / long torso I find the 18" frame about right.
    Initially I had issues with the fit (as mentioned more than once in my various threads), but finally settled on 720mm wide bars and a 70mm stem.

The riding position now seems very good but in my experiance Ragley have too many QC issues with the finish of the paint.

My frame was initially replaced FOC because of paint defects and the new replacement has also gone the same way. To give ragley / hotlines some credit, they were very quick to help and the offer I now have is far better than any other bike manufacturer I've dealt with so i'm happy :)

However, I'd be wary about buying one until the new builds start coming in 2013.
  • plugp7
    Thanks for that twonks.
    I've seen a lot of posts on various forums dated about 18 months ago regarding cracking on the rear of the seat tube. This concerns me the most.
    Just wondering if recent frames were sorted?
    TBH I'm now thinking if the Cotic Bfe Classic is a better bet for the extra £30.
  • plugp7
    Indeed, or the Soul.