Giant reign opinions???

irvs
irvs Posts: 204
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Anyone ride a giant reign, I'm thinking of getting a second hand frame and building one up. How good a bike are they good points and bad???

Thanks Neil.

Comments

• irvs
    irvs Posts: 204
    Anybody???
  • Im just about to sell one!! Medium frame fairly good nick comes with new headset and fox float shock
    Its a 2007/8 black and silver -250 posted
    If your interested email me for pics
    matthewDOTthomas67@NtlworldDOTcom

Cheers Matt
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Excellent bike. I would only get a 2010 or later as the frame is very much improved.
    Pedals very well, climbs well and descends extremely well and you won't break it.
  • get the newer style one as there bombproof and a good all round bike
  • The giant maestro system is a particularly good suspension platform and the Reign would be a nice frame to build up. I would agree that a post 2010 frame is the way to go.
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • chazkayak
    chazkayak Posts: 193
    Ive got a Reign 2, It rides really well. Climbs well, no pedal feedback unless you stand up on climbs.

I rode mine on this years Megavalanche, did the qualifier course on it a couple of times (decided agianst using it on the qualifier just in case I pushed it too hard so rode my downhiller)

Rode it on the Mega amatures (which isnt as brutal as the qualifier) race and it performed faultlessly. Handled all that was thrown at it, even going over the bars a few times when I was ballbagged!!!

Downsides to the Reign 2 ; 1, Fox 32's not as good as Rockshox REvelations. 2, Fox rear can, for me doesnt have enough adjustability, but the suspension works well!! 3, Avid brakes dont stop 16.5 stone too well so I upgraded to 205mm discs F+R.

If I had the money I would by the Reign 1