SLX 10 Speed Shifter not returning

jizzleb
jizzleb Posts: 135
edited October 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

Have a newish SLX 10 speed shifter, for some reason the thumb shift is not returning when pushed, I have to knock it back manually. Gear shifting/cables are fine etc. Didn't want to open the shifter up in case springs violently explode everywhere but if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Cheers
Canyon Nerve XC
Spec Allez
GT XCR SingleSpeed
GT Dyno

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    is it pressing on the brake lever?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jizzleb
    nicklouse wrote:
    is it pressing on the brake lever?

Nope :-s
    Canyon Nerve XC
    Spec Allez
    GT XCR SingleSpeed
    GT Dyno
  • sandy771
    sandy771 Posts: 368
    Spooky - just come on here to post the same thing. New (less than a month) slx shift with a shadow plus mech
  • jizzleb
    sandy771 wrote:
    Spooky - just come on here to post the same thing. New (less than a month) slx shift with a shadow plus mech

Well I loosened the shifter clamp bolt and retightened but moved it slightly down from the brakes so they are not touching, I'm talking like 1mm. And it appears to have fixed the issue! So the advice above is correct really!
    Canyon Nerve XC
    Spec Allez
    GT XCR SingleSpeed
    GT Dyno
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The return spring isn't that strong, any friction can stop it returning.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.