One in a million

walkingbootweather
walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
A million more cyclists riding regularly. Can't say I've noticed too many more in my neck of the woods. They must all be living down in London I reckon.
Nobody told me we had a communication problem

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Not this morning they were not.

They must be about when its dry and light.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Your kidding right

The last 12 months I've seen loads more cyclists out on the road. Sunday mornings there are more bikes than cars.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    rubertoe wrote:

I think thats a bit harsh actually. On my route I see plenty of cyclists even when the rain is torrential. The gender balance is pretty healthy too, its getting close to 50:50 now.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i've seen a few more people out on the roads over the past few months but the majority of them punks only appear when the old "current bun* " is cracking the flags, any sing of wind or drizzle an they retreat faster than your penis on a winter morning

* i thought i would throw some old fashion cockney rhyming slang for our London brethren
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    notsoblue wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

I think thats a bit harsh actually. On my route I see plenty of cyclists even when the rain is torrential. The gender balance is pretty healthy too, its getting close to 50:50 now.

In general there are more; It is however very dependant on the weather and the numbers will definately drop off over the winter.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I have to say: there are more people on self-powered two wheeled vehicles evident on my commutes.

I'm like a flipping nodding dog now.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • A million more cyclists riding regularly. Can't say I've noticed too many more in my neck of the woods. They must all be living down in London I reckon.

Yep they're all down here here in Laaandan nodding away on their Allez', having no idea about bike control, etiquette or common sense it seems.

As you can probably tell i'm very grumpy about this. I blame Wiggo
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    A million more cyclists riding regularly. Can't say I've noticed too many more in my neck of the woods. They must all be living down in London I reckon.

Yep they're all down here here in Laaandan nodding away on their Allez', having no idea about bike control, etiquette or common sense it seems.

Specialized Clitoris?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641

chillax. one day these noobs will have your supreme silky skills.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I was all ready to disagree with this but on the ride home on Friday there were loads* of cyclists around.

*a dozen in as many miles. 4 times as many as I normally see. Probably saw almost a thousand cars in the same time.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    I was all ready to disagree with this but on the ride home on Friday there were loads* of cyclists around.

*a dozen in as many miles. 4 times as many as I normally see. Probably saw almost a thousand cars in the same time.

That is my experience how ever many bikes I see, about london/Surrey they are massively outnumbered by cars.

I do see more bikes though, even on wet days, when it get cold that may change but even so clearly there are more bikes about.