Opinions on Bike Finish options?

Captainlip
Captainlip Posts: 281
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
Im a little torn between which one to go for, we have the lime/white in the flesh and its well....very green! And I do like the black/silver but is it a little to safe?/boring? it makes the ultegra stuff blend in where as on the white the ultegra really looks the part if it makes sense.

what would you guys suggest? the black photo looks great at that angle yet all other photos look boring and plain. i dont know if I could live with the green yet, nor am I sure if id regret going for a plain safe option.

5-2-2013.jpg
PA011799.JPG
MADONE 5.2

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    White and green.

-White bar tape
    -White saddle
    -Black tyres
    -White seatpost (white and green if possible)

Think about if and how you're going to match the kit to the bike though.. green's not the most common colour.. although there is some nice castelli stuff in green/white/
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    White & Green :D

The black one is utterly boring and you'll be looking at it wishing you'd got the white one inside 3 weeks.
  • this is the actual bike we have at work it is dam green! I was thinking black saddle, carbon bar and stem, black tape and the wheels below.

AzDyvI8CEAAoXZX.jpg

I was thinking of sticking a set of these on....

1346184452890-1a179i6ps5y6r-670-75.jpg
    MADONE 5.2
  • fsd61b
    fsd61b Posts: 109
    I love the white and green! Rose made one in these colours and it looked great. Kask do a white and green helmet too.
  • Slack
    Slack Posts: 326
    White and Green. So many sheeples are choosing black and white, it's becoming a common.
    Plymouthsteve for councillor!!
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Green looks nice but....
    You have to think about clothing co-ordination. That green is going to clash with so much. Liquigas gear would be a nice match but that Cannondale! Black and white clothing is probably going to be a safe bet but if you have anything red then .......
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Deffo white & green.

There's plenty of kit out there to match up (if you're into that sort of thing).
  • Not to bothered about matching kit, the white is really nice there's alot of green though, if it had a little black as well it would be really nice.

I think with those cosmic wheels it would be a tidy bike. Just need to distract from all the green
    MADONE 5.2
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    edited October 2012
    white and green - there are too many stealth bikes out there, already becoming dated
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Seems everyone appreciated the bold green and I wasn't expecting that from everyone!
    MADONE 5.2
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Another for the white and green.

If you need a helmet, the Met Estro will match:
    51QOsRh-tAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And if you want a white stem - but keep black spacers and bars - then the Deda Zero 1 would fit.

e6ZcXNtbwLd_QyzwKk83kI8jF7MV_sKRKX65Y-z-EV20wSDrUxPRfpz3uBh_YywjCLW208MKbb-G4fDwhBNoggNd0krE9SOEp51SBREMEoZf1hugRpugEbJsBuNdv-27ZDcwZ9cOFCbD06JuUuycy85MVL7sIwVpUeQ
  • I'm thinking of black enve bars and stems. Or bontragers xxx carbon bar and stem

I have a titanium helmet already which will do for now, it's brand new but its more of a MTB lid.
    MADONE 5.2
  • Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    edited October 2012
    Green Lizardskins bar tape would look great if it's the same green as the frame. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lizard-skins-ds ... r_Tape-Red

Edit: Also white/acid green elite custom race cages, has to be done!
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    The white walled tyres seem to play a big part in the consistent look of the white and green. It might look a bit garish with black tyres so that might give you some ball ache when it comes to replacing them. So I would probably go black. Why not a Domane?
  • after riding the madone I fell in love with it right away, unfortunantly cant test a domane until next year. Im still trying to convince myself of the green, but I agree with the comments about being different. I think black up the bars seat and wheels and it will look smart.
    MADONE 5.2
  • Black/silver for me. Very sophisticated.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Captainlip wrote:
    Seems everyone appreciated the bold green and I wasn't expecting that from everyone!
    just get it bought and built then, and post in 'your bikes'
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • after seeing the green every day at work with a view to buy I see how valid everyones points are, Green it is and tone it with few black parts, tyres, tape, aero wheelset.
    MADONE 5.2
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Captainlip wrote:
    after seeing the green every day at work with a view to buy I see how valid everyones points are, Green it is and tone it with few black parts, tyres, tape, aero wheelset.

nooooo... white parts! (i'll let you have a black wheelset though :wink: )
  • it will only be a black saddle ive already got to match the post, black bar tape and a black and white bontrager rxl cabon stem.
    MADONE 5.2
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Go for the colour scheme that you don't see very often.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved