2012 Cube AMS 130 SLT

ktm phil
ktm phil Posts: 43
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
So, I finally took the plunge and ordered a 2012 Cube AMS 130 SLT from Wheelbase in the Lake District. It arrived on time and perfectly set up with everything working as it should. A quick search on the internet and I had the suspension set up for my weight and off I went!

A quick test ride then the Dawn to Dusk in Thetford Forest last Saturday night as part of a 3 man team. Absolutely awesome ride over cracking terrain. Really friendly event with a great atmosphere. My part was 4 laps of the nearly 11 mile circuit and the bike made it much easier than it could have been.

Have just got back tonight from our usual 10 mile night offroad route and am still immensely impressed. The Fox shock and forks give you all the adjustment you need and it smooths everything out making it a pleasure to ride.

I came from a hardtail Cube and highly recommend the AMS 130, even compared to my mates much lighter (and much more expensive) carbon Scotts. Would also highly recommend Wheelbase. Excellent service and incredibly helpful - destroyed all my fears of spending so much money online.