Anyone lost anything?

tetm
tetm Posts: 564
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Other than scalps, pride and virginities, did anyone lose something on the way home? I picked something up this evening of moderate value and would like to return it to its owner. If you can tell me what it is, I will return it to you.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    words with friends?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    tetm wrote:
    Other than scalps, pride and virginities, did anyone lose something on the way home? I picked something up this evening of moderate value and would like to return it to its owner. If you can tell me what it is, I will return it to you.
    Erm..... A phone. In the road. In London. Can't remember the make/model. And my Garmin; I must have lost both in separate incidents. Can't seem to be able to find my multitool either. Or my bike.

Was it one of those?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • I believe TWH and Fossyant may have lost something today :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I believe TWH and Fossyant may have lost something today :wink:

Talk about kick them in the balls! Although i'd imagine they both already feel like that has happened! :shock: :shock:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    rubertoe wrote:
    I believe TWH and Fossyant may have lost something today :wink:

Talk about kick them in the balls! Although i'd imagine they both already feel like that has happened! :shock: :shock:

Hah hah, was just about to add my balls. Off the pace I am :D
  • A few months ago my pair of gold Ray Ban Aviators with mirrored prescription lenses fell out of my pannier and I've never found them since.
    This was in Cleethorpes or Humberston.

I have a feeling this isn't what you've found.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    was it my double headed vibrator?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    mudcow007 wrote:

Are you sure you've actually lost it? I walked around the house for ten mins yesterday looking for my sunglasses - they were on my head all the time!

Can you hear a muffled buzzing noise and do you have trouble settling onto the saddle?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Greg T wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

Are you sure you've actually lost it? I walked around the house for ten mins yesterday looking for my sunglasses - they were on my head all the time!

Can you hear a muffled buzzing noise and do you have trouble settling onto the saddle?

Coffee spat. Chapeau GT!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    I lost my iPod in the pub last week :(
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I've had my wallet fall out of my saddle bag in the past. Fortunately a very kind man found my phone number and called me to return it. I gave him £20 for his trouble.

Tom, if its reasonably valuable and not claimed on here, hand it in to the police. There's a time limit for the owner to claim it after which its finders keepers. Although if it belongs to Mudcow you might want to let the police dispose of it!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Greg T wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

funnily enough my mum always says "where was the last place you left it, you will probably find it"

i have noticed some discomfort this morning
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    at the moment I am losing my paitence with someone who can't see the blindingly obvious :cry:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ddd?
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    C'mon just tell us what you found
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Was it my fabergè eggs? Can't find them anywhere.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Did it look like this...?

Eddie_Thacker.jpg