Scott Scale 29er Expert OR Pro 2012

mamba80
mamba80 Posts: 5,032
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
I ve been offered either of these at very good sale prices.
My only experience of Scott is with road bikes and they seem fine, though do have a limited warranty compared to say Spesh.

what are their Mtbs like? and in particular, these 2 varients? 2x10 or 3x10... i dont think i d be that bothered between the two or im i wrong in that thinking? which is supposed to be best, im guessing its a weight and chainline thing?
thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Links? I must have forgotten to memorise the spec on those two.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    £600 in relation to £6m is very little, in relation to £600 is massive.
    One has better bits than the other.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mamba80
    Getaway! i never realised that!

Why even bother wasting yours and my time replying? you sound like a right txxt
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I assume he's commenting on the fact there's no UK price on either, ergo it's difficult to say if the £600 is worth it, is it the difference between £1000 and £1600, or is it £4000 and £4600.

You asked for advice, that's pertinent information.

Personally I'd say there's not £600 difference between them, I'd get the Expert and spend the money making it better than the Pro.
  • cooldad
    mamba80 wrote:
    Getaway! i never realised that!

Why even bother wasting yours and my time replying? you sound like a right txxt
    What njee20 said.
    You sound a bit grumpy - mommy trying to wean you off the boob?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mamba80
    i asked some questions about the 2 bikes, you would well aware that neither bike comes in at 10s of thousand of pounds (assuming you know anything about either bike, and if you dont, you wouldnt reply??? not in your case though :roll: )
    what you did was just post up some useless smart alec answers - the 1st one i ignored and posted up the links for you but oh no! you just had to carry-on regardless, in other words you were being a Richard Head and an infantile one at that.

Njee20 - thankyou for the advice on the Expert, it makes sense :D
  • cooldad
    mamba80 wrote:
    i asked some questions about the 2 bikes, you would well aware that neither bike comes in at 10s of thousand of pounds (assuming you know anything about either bike, and if you dont, you wouldnt reply??? not in your case though :roll: )
    what you did was just post up some useless smart alec answers - the 1st one i ignored and posted up the links for you but oh no! you just had to carry-on regardless, in other words you were being a Richard Head and an infantile one at that.

Njee20 - thankyou for the advice on the Expert, it makes sense :D
    So far you have called me a right txxt (I can probably work out what that means), a Richard Head, and infantile.

head_up_your_ass2.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • mamba80
    Listen, its a bike forum, nothing more or less, you didnt like my questions re Scott bikes and i didnt like your replies - ditto - - no one gets hurt and we all get to walk away.

For anyone else...... this gave me all i wanted to know :D
    http://forums.mtbr.com/scott-sports/201 ... 34916.html