BC Website is awful!

ad_snow
ad_snow Posts: 469
edited October 2012 in Amateur race
Okay, so I'm thinking about racing next season. Just a simple matter of logging onto the British Cycling website and finding out what races are on next year near me, right? Wrong.

The website is awful, all I want to do is find out what 4th Cat races are on within 100km of my location (Lincoln, East Mids) between 01/01/2013 and 31/12/2013. It literally doesn't come up with any results.. just 6 sportives even though I've unticked sportives.

Anyone help? Or is it just as horrendous as I think?

Comments

• ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Most 2013 races won't be on there yet. To be fair the website is much better than it used to be.
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    Oh okay that's good to know. Its just frustrating that it doesn't seem to keep the limitations saved for your next search? And when I search by 4th cat for 2012 it doesn't put them in date order?

How far in advance are most events put up?
  • Don't quote me on this, but i do remember reading in the BC road cycling rules that event hosts have to submit their race dates for the following year before the end of oct. Give some time to allow BC to upload this etc. Have another search around nov ish.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Cookie - it really depends on when the event organiser get's the race registered. I only decided to put on a race in June this year - I held it mid September.

However, I think most existing races will decide on their dates within the next month or so. Usually the regions have a get together and sort out dates so as to avoid clashes.

ad_snow - it's worth understanding which BC regions run races within the radius you mention and search by region and road race. The website isn't too bad once you know how to use it, although I think the search function isn't as good as it's previous incarnation. Unless I'm doing something wrong I have to go through a lot more clicks just to choose road race than I used to.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    ju5t1n wrote:
    Most 2013 races won't be on there yet. To be fair the website is much better than it used to be.

This.

Also, I'm not sure how the events get listed and whether it is up to the event organiser but I've never found the category part to work very well.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    It's alright, when I can remember my username and password correctly...
    the online booking has worked for those races that offer it and I had 2 races cancel on me this season and the refund process came thru ok as well... so as a website, it does what I want it to.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    ad_snow wrote:
    Oh okay that's good to know. Its just frustrating that it doesn't seem to keep the limitations saved for your next search?
    So just do a search and save the URL as a bookmark. This is what I did for the last two years, and it worked fine.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!