Photography for Cyclists

Hoopdriver
Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Some of you may know that I write a cycling blog called My Bicycle and I - and by way of introduction for those who don't I am a magazine writer and photographer who happens to love cycling and bicycles, and in order to give myself an outlet for cycling inspired writings and photographs I started this weblog nearly a year ago. Now, I have been shooting photos for many years - travel stuff mainly, but journalistic stuff as well when I was with Time Magazine - but it wasn't until I began shooting for the blog that I realized how tricky it can be tying to get decent shots of yourself on a bicycle. Over the past few months I have shot many thousands of frames using self timers, remote shutter releases and learned a fair few tricks on how to compose a shot when you're not yet in it - stuff that I really wish I had known when I was doing a lot of touring on my own, or for photographing my morning commutes.

And so a while ago I started a series on self-timer/self-portrait photography for cyclists. I have added to that series this morning with what I hope will be a helpful post on how to capture motion when photographing yourself on you bike. I hope it might be useful. And indeed, funnily enough, I noticed Bike Radar is holding a photo contest for best commuting shots

You can read the posts here:

http://my-bicycle-and-i.co.uk/2012/phot ... ng-motion/

Comments