Scott Scale 20 - Muddy photo on p2 ;)

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited March 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Still bog standard at the mo, but changes will begin soon.
Never even had time to ride it, this time home... Too busy :(
8057647898_de6f141fac.jpg

Aplogies for poor iphone pic! Didn't realise it was that bad, until I uploaded it :oops:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    hopper1 wrote:
    Never even had time to ride it
    a good thing really, as you might find it a bit difficult without pedals, nice bike by the way :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • hopper1
    Straight out of the box!... Spuds now fitted :wink:
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Mucho Coolio!
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Very nice, I have always liked the Scale. I bought one back in 2007, my 1st carbon HT, like a d!ck I sold it for a full susser.

This was mine

UNRATTTaffwhayipics016.jpg

I didn't change much on it, Just put a carbon seatpost and a set of carbon risers, the riding position with a flat bar murdered my back! It was a light and quick bike!
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • hopper1
    I'll be upgrading the seat post, clamp, bars and stem to carbon jobbies, soo. Probably Ritchey Superlogic.
    Then there are a few other bits to be visited. All replaced kit will go to my old Giant NRS 1...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Don't bother with a carbon stem, heavy. If you're spending that sort of money check out New Ultimate - I used to be the distributor and it's really nice kit. My 100mm stem weighs 102g IIRC. Just buy from Europe, the UK distro charges silly points.
  • Carl170
    Carl170 Posts: 99
    chez_m356 wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:
    Never even had time to ride it
    a good thing really, as you might find it a bit difficult without pedals, nice bike by the way :D

I actually found that pretty funny!

The seatstays look VERY skinny though!

Regards

Carl
  • hopper1
    Yes, they are nice and sleek!
  • hopper1
    edited November 2012
    Little update.
    Now tubeless :wink: Not me!... I still have my tubes :oops:
    8159398686_e84389deb8_m.jpg
    Rainbow Ti...
    8159403152_78ca253b20_m.jpg
    Nice pedals :wink:
    8159373297_8255231478_m.jpg
    Tesla Hub, anodised rotor with Ti bolts & Mt. Zoom skewer.
    8159387226_9c5ecae37c_m.jpg
    Superstar lock on red bits, with Lizard Skin Peaty grips.
    8159378213_56befbe08d_m.jpg
    8159363643_3fc39d3633_m.jpg
    prologo saddle & Mucky Nutz to keep the mud at bay, on top of a nice Ritchey post. New clamp on it's way, too...
    8159393626_579eaa1949_m.jpg
    Ritchey bars and stem - In focus :wink:
    8169686491_4bb8a66823_m.jpg

Chain set and mech's to be changed, then I'll take a new photo of the bike, complete :wink:
  • LIking dat alot!! lol Where did you get the mucky nuts from? Never heard of them before. NIce and simple colours and in carbon makes it nice
  • hopper1
    LIking dat alot!! lol Where did you get the mucky nuts from? Never heard of them before. NIce and simple colours and in carbon makes it nice
    Mucky Nutz stuff is from www.xcracer.com shop :wink:
  • njee20
    So you've fitted ti bolts and uber light skewers (good choice on the Mt Zoom ones), then added lock on grips which add over 100g over foam!
  • hopper1
    njee20 wrote:
    So you've fitted ti bolts and uber light skewers (good choice on the Mt Zoom ones), then added lock on grips which add over 100g over foam!

They feel better, though :wink:
  • hopper1 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

They feel better, though :wink:

Shound have gone for ESI chunkies imo. :)

I lol'ed when you used the word "complete". You know very well that isnt true! Ill give you till Christmas before you add or remove something else ;):mrgreen:
  • Oh, have you actually ridden this yet?
  • hopper1

They look like an interesting alternative...

Been out, briefly, but on the other wheels. Just can't seem to find the time to ride for fun! It's just road bike at mo, hopefully get out proper on Friday :cry:
  • hopper1 wrote:

Been out, briefly, but on the other wheels. Just can't seem to find the time to ride for fun! It's just road bike at mo, hopefully get out proper on Friday :cry:

The weather isnt helping! Im sure you will love it! Hope the tubeless works well! Ive been dogged with thorn punctures recently as a new route ive found consists of a 5 mile stretch alongside hedgerow. Serously considering Stans!

Oh and the ESI have been great for me. I got em because of the weight but mostly because ive got a knackered wrist. They really do take the sting out of the trail!
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Nice choice

I had Scale 20 for about a year. You can make them pretty light. Think i got mine down to 9.5kgs.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 wrote:

The weather isnt helping! Im sure you will love it! Hope the tubeless works well! Ive been dogged with thorn punctures recently as a new route ive found consists of a 5 mile stretch alongside hedgerow. Serously considering Stans!

Oh and the ESI have been great for me. I got em because of the weight but mostly because ive got a knackered wrist. They really do take the sting out of the trail!
    The weather isn't an issue, they're made to get dirty/wet... Time is, though (issue)!...
    Need to get some road miles in, too... ahem!
    Tubeless not too bad. The Crest rims, with the Rocket Ron's were an absolute bitch! The DT Swiss rims with same model tyre were a breeze, never even needed the levers... But they didn't seal so well :roll:
  • There is a definite knack with crest rims! If you can hang the wheel and get the bead in the center channel they are fine, but otherwise can be a total PITA! Just do your road miles on the MTB, simples ;)
  • hopper1
    Almost finished, now, XT 2 x 10, Mt.Zoom ceramic jockey wheels & a KMC EL 10 speed chain...
    8167627656_aab82a6199_m.jpg
    8167603387_eff48bb3f4_m.jpg

Just waiting for the Mt.Zoom Ultralight seat clamp... :wink:
  • hopper1
    Final piece arrived, Mt.Zoom Ultralight seat post clamp (6g).
    8169664155_74089b73a7.jpg

The finished bike, weighing in at 9.3kgs (20.5lbs).
    8169703376_b2418ef1f3.jpg
    8169696382_cddba83a07.jpg
    8169680023_bc83ae0a26.jpg

It did make it outside today, though not long enough to reach any dirt, except my garden!
  • jt1984
    jt1984 Posts: 91
    That bike looks amazing, hope you get some good riding on it.
  • njee20
    Finished? Less than a month after purchase? Rubbish!

If nothing else it's rude to stop at 20.5lbs, you need to shave another 0.51lbs off!
  • hopper1
    njee20 wrote:
    Finished? Less than a month after purchase? Rubbish!

If nothing else it's rude to stop at 20.5lbs, you need to shave another 0.51lbs off!
    Yes, I know... I have a dentists appointment booked, and last night I commenced the laxative diet, too :wink:

Maybe I should tip the Stans fluid out of the tyres :idea:
  • hopper1
    Oh... And it does get dirty, too... This after a recent visit to Hadleigh Farm :wink:
    8559796551_d87fc8f2d3.jpg
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    hopper1 wrote:
    Oh... And it does get dirty, too... This after a recent visit to Hadleigh Farm :wink:
    8559796551_d87fc8f2d3.jpg
      so how much does it way with the added mud ? :lol:
      looks great by the way :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That would be a really nice pic without that funny white thing in the background!

Nice bike, not jealous AT ALL...........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.