Best setup for going down/up stairs?

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Mr Dunlop invented pneumatic tyres so we had some ride comfort, your clearly just smashing your poor tubes into sharp edge steps like a rock ape and wonder why they can't cope.....

Tubless with 2 ply tyres may just cope....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • no i dont wonder why. would a halo sas pro be able to go tubeless?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    You'll just smash your rim instead then, far better!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It is a bicycle. I think in your head you think it's one of these

monster_trucks_467.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Yeah, riding up stairs like a ramp, that's never going to work, far too sharp an edge. Maybe try carrying a big ass sheet of plywood with you :?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • sorted, running the back tire on 65psi has solved it, as for your slatery you lot, have faith, theres more to life mocking on a forum

thanks to those that actually helped

and yes I do treat my bike liek a monster truck - thats the general idea I had when i built this thing....seen as ive never had any problems except punctures id assume it works.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

troll?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

troll?
    That's not nice. One day he'll grow up to be a teenager and nick your car radio,
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    and yes I do treat my bike liek a monster truck - thats the general idea I had when i built this thing....seen as ive never had any problems except punctures id assume it works.

well having punctures is surely a rather large problem, so in truth it doesnt work for what you attempt to do at all... :roll:
  • prawny
    I still can't believe he's just riding straight up stairs!

no_teeth.jpg
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • i know im terrible at explaining things, but i dont just ram my bike at the stairs, also, now that ive stopped punctures with a thicker tube and more psi. your also acting like sharp impacts on tires is odd, what about trial bikers (not that I am one) ive seen many land off high ledges on curbs etc, with no puncture...the impact is not that different.
    All this is beside the point. This is how ive grown up riding, bizarre as it is why do u feel the need to mock.
  • cooldad wrote:
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

troll?
    That's not nice. One day he'll grow up to be a teenager and nick your car radio,

and going around this forum mocking people who are asking for advice isnt immature?
    and a waste of time

being sour is only a cover
  • prawny
    This is the internetz, mocking is what we do :)

I don't go in for keyboard warriorage, just friendly ribbing, obviously something got lost in translation. I thought about trials, that's why I suggested a trials forum, I have no idea how they avoid flats. Mentalism.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    No, skill. Plus lots of cuts/takes in their vids.