Carrera Kraken vs Voodoo Bantu

Rambo_123
Rambo_123 Posts: 183
edited October 2012 in MTB general
cant decide between these two bikes, the both seem to have similar spec. what's your thoughts?

also if someone could tell me if the kraken has an air or coil sprung thet would be great. :D

Comments

• oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    The Bantu is a better bike hands down. It has much better forks than the Kraken (Suntour Raidon vs. Suntour XCR) and its uses a complete shimano drivetrain as apposed the the SRAM/Shimano mix that the Kraken uses (I personally always prefer Shimano parts to SRAM). Also the standard Shimano brakes on the Bantu are a lot better than the Clarks Skeletals.

I do believe that the XCR forks on the kraken are air sprung maybe(?), however there is no way of changing the pressure in them i.e. pumping in air with a shock pump. They just use hydraulic damping and have a lockout function.

In any case, go for the Bantu 100%, especially as its cheaper also.
  • a bit of advice before you buy it friend

look up british cycling, you can make your self a member for about £12, the big and only reason im telling you this is because all members get a 10% discound at halfords and even on sale items. so you would save £40-50

i did it because i was going to buy my boardman team pro and by doing so save £90
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The XCRs are coil but have a gas-charged damper.

They're both quite respectable bikes, I prefer the SRAM setup on the Kraken to the very basic Shimano on the Voodoo, and the wheelset on the Kraken is a little better too, but the Voodoo definately takes it on brakes,and probably on forks (tbh cheap forks vary a lot in performance, a good XCR will be better than a bad Raidon)

If the Kraken's in budget why not check out the Hoodoo?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Rambo_123
    Rambo_123 Posts: 183
    thanks for the discount advice ;) Cant get the hoodoo because it's no longer available in a 16" frame :/