Specialized Camber vs. Canyon Nerve XC vs. Trek Fuel Ex

Irving Washington
Irving Washington Posts: 10
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm planning to a buy a new allround trail bike and I think I've narrowed it down to three bikes that do what I want:
Specialized Camber
Canyon Nerve XC 7
Trek Fuel EX 7

I will buy the entry level version of one of these bikes, but which one is the best all around bike for the money? I'm thinking the Canyon since it's so cheap and so much bike for the money, but is the frame as good as on the two others?

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    I'm planning to a buy a new allround trail bike and I think I've narrowed it down to three bikes that do what I want:
    Specialized Camber
    Canyon Nerve XC 7
    Trek Fuel EX 7

I will buy the entry level version of one of these bikes, but which one is the best all around bike for the money? I'm thinking the Canyon since it's so cheap and so much bike for the money, but is the frame as good as on the two others?
    almost sold out, only large left,....... and why wouldn't it be? read this http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... 0-12-46139 yes i know its a higher model, but its exactly the same frame that they are using
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    The 2013 Nerve XC (Now called AL to avoid confusion with their ACTUAL XC model) have been promised to be online sometime this week.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    2013 camber is 29er only IIRC.

Some 2012 models available but the frames on the lower models don't have a tapered HT.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • cove888
    cove888 Posts: 54
    I have the fuel ex 7, really like how it handles and confidence inspiring it is. I would suggest demo the bikes and bear in mind that the frame and shocks are key. The rest of the parts wear much quicker and are easily upgradable (cheaper compared to frame and suspension) along the way.

The ex 7 comes with (lets be honest here) shit spec compared to the canyon, deore on a £2k bike?? oh please... but trek chose to spend money on where it counts ie. the fork and rear shock. I was pretty disappointed with the spec but out on the trail, it is the frame and shock which are key. I'm going to upgrade to XT/SLX when the time comes.

The canyon looks great, my mate has one and loves it. Bear in mind though their warranty policy, it isn't as good as specialized or trek, break a frame and don't expect a free replacement.