West London to Reading

cj504
cj504 Posts: 110
edited October 2012 in Commuting chat
Morning guys/girls,

We have a new office opening in Reading and I'm going to need to do a day here or there to begin with.

I don't suppose anyone does this regularly from Acton/Ealing? Would love to find a nice route over there, riding also means I can slope off early because of the nights drawing in!

I can supply jaffa cakes and a half decent wheel to take turns with...

CJ
Thresholds, 60-80%, HRM's...I'll just go for a ride

Comments

• cj504 wrote:
    Morning guys/girls,

We have a new office opening in Reading and I'm going to need to do a day here or there to begin with.

I don't suppose anyone does this regularly from Acton/Ealing? Would love to find a nice route over there, riding also means I can slope off early because of the nights drawing in!

I can supply jaffa cakes and a half decent wheel to take turns with...

CJ

clearly the simplest is head east on the A4, not sure I'd ride down the A4 east of heathrow for fun though! take the Uxbridge Road to Uxbridge and join the A4 around Slough wouldn't add too much on.

Or go Kew/Twick/Hampton/Chertsey/Virginia Water and then use Drift Road to skirt around Ascot/Bracknell.

either way is going to be 35/40 miles one way.
  • jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    The route on the A329 through Windsor Great Park to Egham is the one I used to use. I don't know this bit: Kew/Twick/Hampton/Chertsey/Virginia Water (but you could use Roger's route after getting to Egham). The drift road is a very fast rat run and I don't like it.