Second club ride tonight.

RandG
RandG Posts: 779
edited October 2012 in Road beginners
Further to my previous topic last week, tonight I went on a flat ride tonight. Now you may wonder why I'm posting another topic about it, and think so what, fair enough, however, this is only the second time I have ever ridden in a group, and what a difference it is.

For those who ride on their own and are thinking about joining a club ride, may I suggest you do so. Prior to tonight, I have never ridden faster than 15.6 mph average, tonight I logged 18.8 mph average :shock: and although it was far from easy, I never felt I couldn't manage.

I'm sure for most it was an easy run, especially when you find out some on it, are almost three times younger than you :lol:

Moral of the story, get out there,and I promise there will be no more run topics :lol:

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I would be pushing hard to get an 18-19 average over 20miles in flat cambridgshire..

then I go and do my first sportive and get an 18.2mpg average over 90miles/5 hours thanks to a nice fast group (more like peloton!) that I tagged onto.

Welcome to group riding!
  • I would be pushing hard to get an 18-19 average over 20miles in flat cambridgshire..

then I go and do my first sportive and get an 18.2mpg average over 90miles/5 hours thanks to a nice fast group (more like peloton!) that I tagged onto.

Welcome to group riding!
    Is that 18.2 Miles Per Gallon? :wink: You didn't say you were on a motorbike. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I would be pushing hard to get an 18-19 average over 20miles in flat cambridgshire..

Welcome to group riding!
    Is that 18.2 Miles Per Gallon? :wink: You didn't say you were on a motorbike. :lol:

Yeah energy drink.. it was bloody hot.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    What did you wear? ;-)