Pedals

alibabameister
alibabameister Posts: 100
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
HI,

I currently use shimano spd pedals, a friend has lent me some crankbrother eggbeaters to try but not sure I like them as I seem to slip out of them more often than the spd's. I would like to try some pedals with a platform but also with the clip in facility.
What do the downhill boys use, I hear they use platforms with a clip in facility??

Thanks

AL

Comments

• Steve peat uses crank bros. Us normal folks use Shimano 530s or the XT version if they want the lighter version of the same model. :wink:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    If you already like SPD's take a look at the M530's, XT Trails, XTR trails and M647's. I use the M530's on my road bike (have used them on my AM bike as well) and M647's on my AM and DH bikes when I'm using clips. The M530's are lighter but the M647's offer a little more support and are a little easier to clip in to.

I was using Time Freeride pedals before this. They are also really nice pedals but heavy, bombproof though. I found the SPD's a little easier to clip in to, the cleat seems to get stuck in the gap in the body of the Time's so couldn't slide my foot forward as easily but the Time's are much smoother to disengage.