1235»

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:
    you must be single with out kids :wink:

Or maybe, just maybe he is one of those rare blokes who wears the trousers? :wink:
      is that what your mrs lets you think ? :wink::lol:

Yup :lol:
  • I think you can easily justify a hardtail in £800-£1500 range and a full sus in the £1500-£2500 range. After that I struggle to see it as being worth it personally. Having said that, I've usually got a load of spares from previous bikes for free upgrades, so maybe add 25% to those numbers.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Why, why did you resurrect this FFS!?

You can justify those things. Most people who aren't cyclists would have a fit at the notion of an £800 bike being 'easily justifiable'. It's about your priorities, disposable income and choices, and nothing else!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Obviously anyone spending more than £100 on a bike is just compensating for their lack of skill and teeny tiny obvious.
    Obviously.
    EOT.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    But you don't "need" suspension for Uk trail centres duhhh...
  • I think you can easily justify a hardtail in £800-£1500 range and a full sus in the £1500-£2500 range. After that I struggle to see it as being worth it personally. Having said that, I've usually got a load of spares from previous bikes for free upgrades, so maybe add 25% to those numbers.
    I'm guessing you've got a bike in those price ranges
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I think you can easily justify a hardtail in £800-£1500 range and a full sus in the £1500-£2500 range. After that I struggle to see it as being worth it personally. Having said that, I've usually got a load of spares from previous bikes for free upgrades, so maybe add 25% to those numbers.

Zzzzzzz
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I think you can easily justify a hardtail in £800-£1500 range and a full sus in the £1500-£2500 range. After that I struggle to see it as being worth it personally. Having said that, I've usually got a load of spares from previous bikes for free upgrades, so maybe add 25% to those numbers.
    I'd love you to pop round and justify to my mrs why I can have a £2500 bike, saves me getting chewed up!

It's all to do with your disposeable income, your personal circumstances and therefor what you'd be giving up to buy them. Thre is a chap in our street who lives alone and has a Porsche Carrera4, a classic pagoda roof Merc SL and a Hyabusa as well as a Pinarello (carbon) road bike......his money, up to him what he spends it on!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I couldn't justify what I spent on my DH bike, or my XC hardtail, I can't justify what I'm spending on skydiving lessons and a parachute this year (well maybe I can with the chute). My wife probably couldn't justify what she spent on her horse. Some things just don't need justifying. If you can (almost) afford it then why not?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I couldn't justify what I spent on my DH bike, or my XC hardtail, I can't justify what I'm spending on skydiving lessons and a parachute this year (well maybe I can with the chute). My wife probably couldn't justify what she spent on her horse. Some things just don't need justifying. If you can (almost) afford it then why not?
    She can always flog it to Findus.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have suggested that. He likes a pint though so he's alright.