Using GoPro hd

Dannyboy95
Dannyboy95 Posts: 245
edited October 2012 in MTB general
Im using my GoPro alot when I go riding but I want a different angle something more appealing to watch instead of the usual POV set up. Has anyone ever mounted it on the bike frame?, if so where have you mounted it and how good was the viewing angle? :)
cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
Current Bike-TREK 4500
Previous Bikes
:Giant Roam 3
:Bianchi Nirone 7

Comments

• Just play about with it a bit.

Helmet shots are almost always terrible, unless on a very well fitting FF they move about too much. Frame shots get too much vibration coming through the frame unless it's tarmac. I use the chest mount personally.

I've got the chest mount which can be turned round so it's pointing uip at your face (although I don't really want to see that). I've got one sticky mount on the top-tube, just behind the stem, again, can be forward or rear facing. I've also got another mounted on the down-tube, near the front, good for getting working shots of the forks.

Personally though, most videos are a bit boring because people don't take the time to do them properly. Ideally you want to be mxing POV shots from various mounts on your person and the frame, with static shots from a tripod or other fixed mouont, and if you really want to make them interesting, you really need someone filming so they can pan and/or zoom where required.

Nothing is more boring than 4min of trail from a single point. Just remember, no matter how awesome you THOUGHT that last bit of trail was, or how hih that last jump was, or how gnarly that rock garden was, when you play back the footage, it's going to look like a granny riding to the shops, always, without fail.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If you stick it on your arris you can watch where you've been.
    If you can be bothered, there's already 50 cocksillion hours of *yawn* gnarrly I'm a riding god *yawn* video dreck on Youtube.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools