Sky Dive From Space

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,585
edited October 2012 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    yes. isn't he on the ground still? I thought the launch time was him jumping from space?
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Yep watching although not a lot happening on the stream im watching.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    it's been delayed by a few hours. they've discovered that there is WIND in the upper atmosphere. Imagine that.
  • is it on cyclingfans? :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Pross
    I think he's bricking it and scared to go ;)
  • upperoilcan
    Pross wrote:

I think it's more to do with the southerly gale that's blowing at 0.8mph :shock:

The launch was delayed yesterday for the very same reason.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

I think it's more to do with the southerly gale that's blowing at 0.8mph :shock:

The launch was delayed yesterday for the very same reason.

Wow, can you imagine cycling with that bad boy as a tail wind - Strava KoMs galore :lol:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    I thought this was apt....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZEEgIti8sM

The older I get, the better I was.

• kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    aborted for today
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • Pross
    He's a bit like me when I was a kid - get to the top of the diving board, walk to the edge, take a look and say "actually I'll do it tomorrow" ;)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    Is it going to end up like the Wily Coyote - weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee splat ? (Cloud of dust rising).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • so the lazy fecker is just going to let go and fall and let gravity do all the work - he should get himself in a catapult like angry birds and try and go upwards.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Excelsior-II.jpg
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCcccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! :shock:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Excelsior-II.jpg
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCcccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! :shock:

MISSED! :cry:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Pross
    Still not done - Sunday at the earliest now. It's getting a bit like my promises to cut the lawn.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    Maybe he is waiting for the snow to come and create huge snow drifts just in case:
    A. His ass gets a little hot and will need cooling down
    B. The second parachute does a Roman Candle
    C. His body will be automatically buried and preserved for the spring post mortem
    D. He will have something to aim for other than indeterminable green or blue
    E. He is going to wear skis and combine the jump with a run down the Kitsbuhl.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Excelsior-II.jpg
    When I see anything like that, I get that tingly jelly legged / week knee felling. Except that it starts in my balls and goes half way down my calfs. Tingly balls I call it.
  • antooony
    antooony Posts: 177
    He's on his way up. Hope he does it.
  • andysol
    andysol Posts: 125
    Amazing footage from the website! Wow
    Evidently i mostly have a FCN of 1. I'm now a lady!
  • Watched it live on bbc news. Was very impressive
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    when he started spinning on the way down his arse must have been going 'ten-bob-thrupenny-bit'!

mine was!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Paddy Mcalpine was the first to make this attempt but he missed. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • upperoilcan
    What happened to the pod ? Did it return to Earth or keep on going ?
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    What happened to the pod ? Did it return to Earth or keep on going ?
    Returned. Had to, if you think about it.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Household stopped to watch live by TV or YouTube. Think it must be one of the very few human endeavours that I shall remember for watching in awe. I remember the lunar missions and asking the school to put the TV on during one of last missions in the early 70s. The shuttle launches were always inspiring. I just think it is something about man either at the edge of or in space. I just hope that I am around to see the first manned mission to Mars. Now that would be incredible.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.