The crotchety commuter conundrum...

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,094
edited October 2012 in The bottom bracket
Lets analyse this deep and ultimately futile conundrum.
The profile:
Bloke/woman who cycles to and from a place of work.
The bike:
An odd ecclectic mish mash of nuts and bolts, dustbin lids and scaffolding, strange saddles and most peculiar stem/handlebar/saddle heights/angles.
The traits:
Bloke/woman who risks life and limb on a dailly basis. The risk is often deliberate to get the heart pumping. Each day requires a fraction more risk than the last one because less adrenalin would be boring. The dailly risk to life and limb gives them a tangible degree of frustration mixed with a continuous neurosis after only a short while commuting. They get together on forums on HUGE numbers; bonded with their common enemy: the motorcar, the bus, the taxi, the old codger who keeps stepping out on you on a regular basis at the same spot. They collude en masse and have drinks together. You would think that collusion would lead to lots of sex which would be the cure for their ills: "Shag as if tomorrow never comes, 'cos the next time I see you might be in casualty, all mangled", but it obviously doesn't.
Fine, fair play to them but it doesn't sit at all logically with the inherent Political Correctness they seem to spout.

I want to know why from the eminent proffessors of Psycleology...

(Cleat: 'Eminent' is not a rap artist, ok?)
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• (Cleat: 'Eminent' is not a rap artist, ok?)

Drat - I only learned today that puerile wasn't a type of scottish knitted jumper.

So basically if read your post correct - post baby blues means you're not getting it and you fancy a bit hows-ya-father with velocirature. Good luck on that one. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    FFS he's been drinking the Milton again :lol:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    FFS he's been drinking the Milton again :lol:

With or without liquid nitrogen?

The older I get, the better I was.

• willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    Critical Mass use to be a swingers group?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    (Cleat: 'Eminent' is not a rap artist, ok?)

Drat - I only learned today that puerile wasn't a type of scottish knitted jumper.

So basically if read your post correct - post baby blues means you're not getting it and you fancy a bit hows-ya-father with velocirature. Good luck on that one. :D

Haven't you two recently posted in Commuting Chat asking about what bike to use?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter