2013 London to Paris

Velonutter
Velonutter Posts: 2,437
edited October 2012 in Tour & expedition
Due to a family bereavement at the end of last year our 2012 ride could not proceed, so starting to organise next years ride, we need to get moving quite quickly now.

Feedback from participants who did the 2011 ride have said that they missed the motivation this year and a number are doing it again as they enjoyed it so much.

Those who live near to London may choose to meet on the Bridge on Monday 24th June 2013, however those who are travelling may choose to stay at the Oxford Street Youth Hostel on Sunday the 23rd June 2013.

The plan is to leave London from Westminster Bridge at 09:00 Sharp and arrive at Portsmouth no later than 17:00

I need a minimum of ten people to make it work and I'm nearing that number, but I could change the plan to accommodate up to 20 people, but 10 is the minimum in order to get the group discount.

For the record I don't make any money out of it, I just enjoy riding with fellow minded people in France.

I need to update the website http://www.velonuts.co.uk with last years ride, but essentially I plan to replicate last years journey which was: -

24th June 2013 Day 1 - London to Portsmouth - Overnight on the Ferry
25th June 2013 Day 2 - St. Malo to Laval
26th June 2013 Day 3 - Laval - Ferte Bernhard
27th June 2013 Day 4 - Ferte Bernhard to Paris
28th June 2013 Day 5 - Spend the day and night exploring Paris
29th June 2011 Day 6 - Return Home via the Eurostar to London (We may even be able to get cheap flights back to London, depending on the numbers)

For those returning back to the Midlands, then your bike will be returned to my home for collection on or after Monday 1st July 2013.

Daily distances are between 80-95 miles with a little challenge of 123 miles on the final day, but the last 40 miles carries you as the euphoria gets you through.

Forecast costs are looking to be about £500 which includes everything including Cycling Jersey, Energy Drinks and Gels, Recovery drinks and evening meals apart from lunch, and evening meals in Paris. Fully supported by a van so nothing to carry, just get yourselves down to Westminster, we'll take your bikes in the van, then the Eurostar home.

l2p_day1.jpg

l2p_day2.jpg

l2p_day4.jpg

Can't think of a better way to look forward to the summer, with the sun on your back and French roads and people!

I can accommodate up to about 20 people, but you need to confirm by the end of the month as I need to get the bookings under way.

PM Me, email me john at velonuts dot co dot uk or call me me on 01902-790797

To make things easier, we need a minimum of £75 per month to be paid into our bank account. with the balance paid by the 1st April, that gives enough time to pay the deposits and make all the booking required.

If you are not already a member, please sign up to the Velonuts Forum at http://www.velonuts.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl and confirm to me that you wish to ride.

Please don't delay as I have to get things rolling very quickly now.

Best wishes,

John

Comments

• Velonutter
    It's looking like we may have enough numbers now, so if anyone is still wanting to, then you need to let us know quite quickly
  • Macdory
    Macdory Posts: 113
    Got to love a warm welcome - I tried registering on your website last week and this morning I recieve a "your registration has been instantly rejected" email ...

Great!
  • Velonutter
    I'm sorry Macdory, I deleted a load of spam applications this morning as there were over 200 of them, I guess I missed yours among them.

I'll send you a PM in a minute.

Sorry once again.
  • Macdory
    Macdory Posts: 113
    Cheers ... i'll re-register when I get home.